Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 month post op and stalled since week 3

I had surgery on Oct 28th. Post op went well. Followed directions and saw a 12 lbs loss at first post op and and addition 3 in the next week, but nothing since. It should be noted that I am a band to sleeve patient.

I'm eating 1200 calories per day and 64 (or more) grams of Protein and oz of Water. Not always getting 10k steps but getting at least 7500. I go to yoga twice a week.

Yes, I know, 15 lbs in 2 months is terrific and I'm happy for it. I feel more in control of my eating and more excited about exercise because it is easier with less weight. But I also feel discouraged by the fact that the scale has not moved in 5 weeks.

Looking for encouragement, suggestions, etc...

I'm worried that the surgery was for nothing and I will be a sleeve failure.

Congratulations on the weight loss so far.

What is your Protein target? 64 grams seems rather low. Mine is 100 and my surgeon has a minimum of 80 with at least 100 for all men and everyone with a starting BMI of over 50. What does your NUT suggest?

That said, stalls are a normal, natural, and necessary part of the process. Since I am on my phone I don't know how your weight loss so far is related to your overall goal.

I would suggest that if you aren't happy with your progress so far that you make an appointment with your NUT.

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

The goals are 60, 60, 60. 60 Protein, 60 Water and 60 min of exercise. That is a minimum though.

I do plan to see my NUT after the holidays just to show her my food intake and exercise and get her input also.

Thanks for your reply. I will also try to increase Protein over the next few weeks to see if that will help.

The goals are 60, 60, 60. 60 Protein, 60 Water and 60 min of exercise. That is a minimum though.

I do plan to see my NUT after the holidays just to show her my food intake and exercise and get her input also.

Thanks for your reply. I will also try to increase Protein over the next few weeks to see if that will help.

That seems low for Water and protein. You might try increasing your water, too.

I stalled on my 3 week almost to four weeks I've been chewing wheat thins is that a problem?

I stalled on my 3 week almost to four weeks I've been chewing wheat thins is that a problem?

Why are you chewing wheat thins?

The question is whether or not you are following your program and getting in all of your Protein and fluids.

Example day:

Breakfast- 1/2 c skim milk, 1/2 c Bolthouse Protein Plus, 1 scoop whey Protein

lunch - 100 cal ready to eat tuna salad, Chobani flip

Dinner-1 breast chicken breast, 1/2 c mashed potatoes

Snacks- Fiber one minor fudge brownie, 1/2 Nugo Protien bar

Substitutions on occasion - 6 Old Wisconsin turkey bites, 2 slices of skim milk cheese slices, pickles, imitation crap, whole wheat English muffins with jam

I'm drinking lots of Decaf hot tea too. No caffeine.

FYI - the wheat thin comment was not me (the original poster). That was someone else.

@inner sufer girl I do try to get them in the one I can drink is the muscle milk with 40gms of Protein and I'll have some fish but when I'm home not doing anything I feel like I wanna eat something so I started chewing those wheat thins

I feel like I'm failing????????

Your eating 1200 calories a day at 2 months post-op? Is the calorie goal from your surgeon/nutritionist?

That seems really high to me-- I am a bypass patient, but at almost 3 months out I can only get in 500-600 calories a day. (65-80g protein)

My sister is a sleeve patient she is 8 months post and she eats 900 calories a day.

I feel like I'm failing????????

You might want to find a few activities you can do at home when bored instead of eating. That is head hunger not true hunger.

Also maybe plan some Snacks that are in high Protein. Wheat thins won't help you meet your goals in the long run-- try not to buy them, eh?

Edited by TMG1980TMG

I shared with my doc at the 6 week appt that I was eating around 1200 calories. He suggested I try to be closer to 1000 to increase loss. I don't feel that I'm overeating, but I definitely don't feel full or restricted. I have to stop myself and wait for my head to recognize that I've eaten.

Thank you all for the support and suggestions.

Edited by stockerx2

I shared with my doc at the 6 month appt that I was eating around 1200 calories. He suggested I try to be closer to 1000 to increase loss. I don't feel that I'm overeating, but I definitely don't feel full or restricted. I have to stop myself and wait for my head to recognize that I've eaten.

Thank you all for the support and suggestions.

1200 calories is relatively high if you are only getting 60 grams of Protein but not if you are getting 100 grams. The driving number should be your Protein.< /p>

I will thank you TMG