Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 month post op and stalled since week 3

@inner sufer girl I do try to get them in the one I can drink is the muscle milk with 40gms of Protein and I'll have some fish but when I'm home not doing anything I feel like I wanna eat something so I started chewing those wheat thins

I agree with the poster who suggested you plan some high-protein Snacks and meals. You can't rely on one Protein shake to get in all of your Protein.

When you do eat whether it's a snack or meal, make sure it's nutritious and don't eat just because you are bored.

If you are bored then find something to do, especially something that will occupy your hands.

Why not make an appointment with your NUT if you aren't happy with your progress?

I stalled on my 3 week almost to four weeks I've been chewing wheat thins is that a problem?

Only if you don't want to lose weight.

@inner sufer girl I do try to get them in the one I can drink is the muscle milk with 40gms of Protein and I'll have some fish but when I'm home not doing anything I feel like I wanna eat something so I started chewing those wheat thins

That's grazing. Not only is that regressing back to bad habits, you aren't eating anything that will help meet your nutrition goals. That's a processed carb. It's not Protein and it's not a vegetable. You really need to try and stick to a planned schedule of eating. 3 meal meals and 1 or 2 healthy Snacks.

Learn a new habit for when you are home and not doing anything. For may of us boredom eating is what helped get us to the point of needing surgery. Learn to do things that other than boredom eating. Start doing puzzles or take that time to drink Water. Get up and walk around the house, or go to the gym and workout. I would also keep a food log. 16 wheat thins is 140 cals and 22 grms of carbs but only gives you 2 gms of protein. How many wheat thins do you think you are eating? Even more important how much protein are you taking in? Are you drinking 64 ounces of fluids?

I had surgery on Oct 28th. Post op went well. Followed directions and saw a 12 lbs loss at first post op and and addition 3 in the next week, but nothing since. It should be noted that I am a band to sleeve patient.

I'm eating 1200 calories per day and 64 (or more) grams of Protein and oz of Water. Not always getting 10k steps but getting at least 7500. I go to yoga twice a week.

Yes, I know, 15 lbs in 2 months is terrific and I'm happy for it. I feel more in control of my eating and more excited about exercise because it is easier with less weight. But I also feel discouraged by the fact that the scale has not moved in 5 weeks.

Looking for encouragement, suggestions, etc...

I'm worried that the surgery was for nothing and I will be a sleeve failure.

Have you spoken with your nutritionist? That calorie count is a bit high for someone 2 mths post-op at your activity level. I'm 14mths and I don't eat 1200 calories a day. You may be eating at maintenance level. It also sounds like you could try and increase your protein a bit. 60 is the bare minimum but I found I lost better if I hit at least 75. I currently eating a 100gms of protein a day or more. I drink 65 - 70 ounces of fluids, and I work out 4 -6 times a week. Until I was 8 mths I ate 800 -900 calories a day. Currently I eat between 1,000 - 1150. I find I lose best when I am at my most active and get in all my fluids. I would recommend calling the NUT and reviewing the food/activity diary with her.

I will thank you TMG

I have been crocheting a lot to keep my mind busy! It helps not think about Snacks my husband and kiddo can eat! ????

Today is a new day. I'm going to shoot for 1000-1100 calories and a minimum of 85 grams of Protein. Also, will increase Water intake to 80 oz minimum. I'm going to push for 8000 steps per day, and increase from there until I get to 10K.

Thank you for the honest and constructive feedback. I sure hope to see a little bit of movement in the scale with these changes and if not, I will contact my NUT in January.

It's so easy to eat 1200 calories and I feel fulfilled at that number. It's good to know that when I need to be in maintenance, I will know what to do and not feel deprived. I just wish I had a bit more restriction to help maintain the lower calorie count per day.

I am 17 months post surgery and am just now eating 1000-1200 calories a day (I know some vets have different experiences and ate more calories more quickly than I). I can't imagine being able to get 1200 calories a day in 2 months post surgery. Also my nutrient macros are much different than yours. I aim for 100 + grams of Protein a day and I drink 90-100 oz of liquid a day. I've lost 130ish lbs on my plan (not that my plan is anything special or the only one that works). I would make a few suggestions: (1) check with your surgeon or NUT about the 1200 calories which seem more like a maintenance level and less like a weight loss level; (2) ditch the half cup mashed potatoes (and similar carb heavy foods that lack nutritional value) and substitute for a soft veggie if you still have room after eating your protein; (3) try reducing your calories to 1000 and see if it kick starts your weight loss. Since I was not a revision patient I don't know how that affects loss or calorie consumption so my advice may not apply to you at all. Good luck!

I shared with my doc at the 6 week appt that I was eating around 1200 calories. He suggested I try to be closer to 1000 to increase loss. I don't feel that I'm overeating, but I definitely don't feel full or restricted. I have to stop myself and wait for my head to recognize that I've eaten.

Thank you all for the support and suggestions.

I haven't been the fastest loser but I would try to find things that make you feel your restriction better. For me steak or chicken over fish. Shrimp is good. I stay away from any carbs that don't make you feel very full. For me, if I feel hungry at the end of the day I eat half an apple and that texture makes me feel full and satisfied. I might be able eat 200 calories easily of fat free yogurt and still feel hungry later. There was a great post about how restriction works (pyloric valve) once but I couldn't find it. Most importantly don't let anyone on this board make you feel like you are failing. Everyone has a different experience. Good luck!

I ust wanted to follow up for those of you that took the time to respond to my post. The past few days I have focused on being between 1000-1100 calories. I have increased Protein intake to greater than 80. The scale has actually moved! 0.4 lbs down in 2 days. I will take it!!!

The challenge I have is that I can comfortably eat 250 calories per meal. So if I'm eating 5 per day, I'm at 1250. Any suggestions for low calorie high Protein Snacks? Peanut Butter is so high in calories. I do eat half a Protein Bar on occasion. I also do cottage cheese but since the surgery, that's not my favorite. Every snack I look at is at least 190 calories. Even my Protein shake is 257 calories (and 36 grams of protein).

Single serving pack of pistachios can vary from 80 - 200 depending on the brand. Wonderful has 80 calories packs, Herr's has 130 calorie packs. cheese sticks are also under 200, greek yogurt under 200. Even better if you buy it plain and add your own fruit.< /p>