Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

will have band placed 12/2/04

Fran, good luck to you! If you want, and if I can get away from work, I'll stop by tomorrow to say hello at the U of I. (Send me a PM or e-mail.) Your new life is about to begin!

Good luck Fran. I'll be driving down the Ohio Turnpike on the way to Cleveland Clinic for a procedure for my wife. At 10:00 I'll say a prayer of hope for you, though I know you'll do just fine, and you're gonna love your band.

Now that's no small offer. Last time I prayed I burst into flame. LOL.

fran first few days are a little tough... but well worth the trip... try to move if you can... helps the gas to move...warm tea too. i also took gas x cause the gas pain was more uncomfortable than the surgery pain... also... if you find you have a hard time vomiting, or very nauseous... check your pain med.... mine made me vomit... not something you want to do.... hope this helped.

Well, Fran, I see you're a normal "prebandster", unable to sleep the night before surgery - so you come to LBT. LOL (I did the same thing!) Sending you (((hugs))) and a prayer that God will guide the surgeon's hands, you will have an uneventful surgery, and minimum pain recouperation. Be sure and tell the anesthesiologist to give you something for nausea (before you go to sleep). He can put something in your i.v. and that will prevent that little problem. Really, you'll do fine and be back on here giving bits of wisdom to other future bandsters before you know it. Best of luck to you!!

Welcome to band land! Best Wishes for a speedy recovery Fran!

I am in central Illinois, about an hour from the U of I / Champaign. About 4 hours south of Chicago

I had surgery in Tijuana, and have never regretted it. I'm down 24# in 9 weeks. I'm ok with that!

I haven't had a fill since surgery, but got one at surgery, so I'm not needing one. That may change sometime, but so far I'm averaging a 1 to 2 pound per week loss, (sometimes it's a gain of 2 or 3, and some times a loss of 2 or 3).

Fran,

Sorry I meant to get here yesterday before yor surgery but forgot(band didn't improve my memory).

When you get back and get this you'll see so many of us had you in our thoughts adn prayers and the fact your reading this shows all is well. Just so you know I called the Ohio State ppolice and there were no fires in cars so Ryan didn't burst into flames there anyways LOL Ryan your a card.lol

Fran, good luck today. You're probably getting prepped right now, so we'll be here when you come home to see how it went. Good luck and big congrads.

Hi Fran by now you are an official bandster! Yahooo!!!

I hope it all went well for you, we look forward to hearing all about it when you get homeand feel up to it!

Congratulations

Welcome to Bandland Fran... I hope everything went well with your surgery... be sure to update and let us know how you are doing as soon as you are up to it! Congrats!

Darcy

Hi Fran

Welcome to the other side. Take it easy and slow and you will be fine.The first few days are kinda rough but each day you will feel better..All the advice here is so perfect and such a great resource.But you already know that.I'm 3 weeks into bandland and I'm starting to feel that this is for real and for keeps and I love it..Bandland is great for depression, most physical ailments , etc..It is not an elixir because the band causes us to be much more conscious and responsible for our lives...It feels great to have regained that responsibility.. Good luck and go for it...

Sincerely

Steve

NY LAPSTER

302.5 10/30

282.5 11/11 BAND DAY NYC DR REN

263 12/3 I AM SO PSYCHED AND REALIZE THAT MEN SEEM TO HAVE AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE..NOT SURE WHY??

GOAL 199

Hey FRAN: Where are you? Hope all is well and your surgery was typical and no complications. Come and let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it. Don't rush it and take this time to heal.

We'll keep a light on for you.