Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I made it....

Made it through surgery on Wednesday 12/16. It was a little more uncomfortable than I had imagined. Battled nausea for 48 hours before it disappeared. I'm drinking well and feeling human again today thank goodness. Just very weak right now. Down 8 lbs in 3 days so that's a good start I suppose.

Each day gets better! I'm 2.5 wks out on tues, and am down 15lbs! I'm almost done with purées and will be going to soft foods on Xmas eve.

Not sure what ur diet plan is but good to hear ur doing good on fluids. I'm not getting in all my Protein shakes but try to get my Protein thru food. Don't think I'm hitting my Fluid and protein goals but I'm trying.

Good luck!

Congratulations !! .. each day will be better than the day before. Best wishes for a speedy recovery :)

Made it through surgery on Wednesday 12/16. It was a little more uncomfortable than I had imagined. Battled nausea for 48 hours before it disappeared. I'm drinking well and feeling human again today thank goodness. Just very weak right now. Down 8 lbs in 3 days so that's a good start I suppose.

Hi Bayougrl, I am from New Orleans and my doctor is there too.. you?

I had my surgery done 12/15. Was a lot harder than I had thought. Battled with a ton of pain and nausea. Feeling much better today.

Each day gets better! I'm 2.5 wks out on tues, and am down 15lbs! I'm almost done with purées and will be going to soft foods on Xmas eve.

Not sure what ur diet plan is but good to hear ur doing good on fluids. I'm not getting in all my Protein Shakes but try to get my Protein thru food. Don't think I'm hitting my Fluid and protein goals but I'm trying.

Good luck!

When did you get to start purées?

Hi Bayougrl, I am from New Orleans and my doctor is there too.. you?

Conrad1 I'm actually in NELa near Monroe. :)

Mine was a bit over a week ago, and I had horrible nausea and pain. The pain med only made my nausea worse but I had to tough it out. Ugh. It was horrible, but, I'm on the other side now and even though full liquids is an emotional rollercoaster, I'm glad I had surgery.

My surgery was 12/16 and I did pretty well, the only pain I'm having is lower in my stomach on the right side at a non surgical site that hurts if I sit and I can't stand up straight. Any idea what this may be? Pretty sure it's not gas.

Not sure what ur diet plan is but good to hear ur doing good on fluids. I'm not getting in all my Protein shakes but try to get my Protein thru food. Don't think I'm hitting my Fluid and protein goals but I'm trying.

Good luck!

When did you get to start purées?

I started purees one week post op. That's for 2 wks and then soft foods starting Xmas eve!