Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Time for Liquid Diet and SCARED... HELP!!!

ok girls, two days down!!!! You are doing GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up, I promise it will be sooooooooooo worth it on surgery day to be able to say, CHEAT FREE FOR ME!!!

I agree with you on the feeling good cheat free. I made it thru day 2, a lil hungry right now but also some acid reflux... but I did very well controlling my hunger today. Still learning what shakes are good and some that are just nasty. Made one tonight that was with diet gingerale, spearmint extract, ice and Protein powder... it was like drink Milk of magnesia... NASTY! Oh well cross that one off my list!

Hope day 3 will go smoothe!:whoo:

OK ending day 2 I am tired... gonna help my hunger by sleeping... gotta kill sometime. Night night.:kiss2:

After only 2 days I'm down 3.5lbs! That is the best motivation for sure, seeing the scale moves makes me want to stick to it more.

StacieM - I went to bed hungry last night too, my stomach was growling but this morning it was all worth it. Two down, only 8 more to go! (Are you doing 10days? Also, when is your surgery?

After only 2 days I'm down 3.5lbs! That is the best motivation for sure, seeing the scale moves makes me want to stick to it more.

StacieM - I went to bed hungry last night too, my stomach was growling but this morning it was all worth it. Two down, only 8 more to go! (Are you doing 10days? Also, when is your surgery?

I am on the diet for 2 weeks, surgery is Aug 7 (although it may change but wont know till right before). I am still not wanting to get on the scale I guess i am scared to see it at the same. I will wait till Sunday I think.

I woke up feeling a lil better. Headache isn't nearly as bad... gonig to have my coffee Protein shake now...

GOOD LUCK TODAY!:clap2:

OH, I am soooooo happy for you!!! That is a great great loss!!Be very proud of yourselves!!!!!!!!!!!! You are doing soooo awesome!! Day three and it might be the worst or it might not be. But be prepared!!! Walk, leave the house, do something that you are not around food if necessary!!! You girls are doing so damn good!!!!

Well, its the end of day three and I even made it through a going away party for a coworker where there was cake, BBQ, pizza, you get the picture. However I must confess I only had 2 of the slimfasts and then I had a Soup at hand for dinner only 120 calories, lots of Fiber and 3g of sugar so in my eyes it was better for me than the slimfast since it is 190 calories. I just couldn't take another one this evening. Hopefully tomorrow morning will be better. Hope you had a good day Stacie.

This is a very encouraging thread. Since my consult is on 8/9, I assume 8/10 will be the day I start my pre-op diet and two weeks after that, my band! Since I'm private pay, I won't have to jump through any insurance hoops--which is a good thing because at my weight, I don't jump very far!

Love the "liquid" ideas I'm reading. And darn it, I'm looking forward to starting my pre-op diet, too!

Darr

Well, its the end of day three and I even made it through a going away party for a coworker where there was cake, BBQ, pizza, you get the picture. However I must confess I only had 2 of the slimfasts and then I had a Soup at hand for dinner only 120 calories, lots of fiber and 3g of sugar so in my eyes it was better for me than the slimfast since it is 190 calories. I just couldn't take another one this evening. Hopefully tomorrow morning will be better. Hope you had a good day Stacie.

I am finishing day 3, I too struggled to get all my shakes in. Doc said 5 but i only had 4, and barely got that (more like 3 1/2). tonight I was not feeling hungry nor thirsty. I actually went for just a slimfast instead of te homemade since i had no desire. Needless to say my 11 year old son helped finish it. But I see this as a good thing. I am not hungry and doing well. Today was much easier than day 1 and 2. I did take the phentermine first thing this morning but not after that. I think I might be over the need, Protein is doing its job. In fact cooking dinner tonight I had no desire to cheat!

I have been very grouchy though, quick to yell at the kids. I tore the bank president's head off today (hey he was WRONG) and just closed my accounts and walked out. Felt a little empowered though. I did sit down with my two older kids and told them Mom was gonna be grouchy sorry. They laughed and said well at least you will be skinny.

Ok so I did something I said I wasn't going to do... I got on the scale. I guess i needed some positive encourangement from the scale.. I am down 4 pounds... so I feel like I have accomplished something. Although gonig through this process I put on 7 pounds (trying to help my insurance approval and those "last suppers") so 3 more and I am where i started. I see a postive outlook for me. Now I can't wait for day 14 to come, not because i can eat but so I can see how much i lost. I am getting excited.

Ok few more posts and off to bed... here's to day 4!!! :eek:

This is a very encouraging thread. Since my consult is on 8/9, I assume 8/10 will be the day I start my pre-op diet and two weeks after that, my band! Since I'm private pay, I won't have to jump through any insurance hoops--which is a good thing because at my weight, I don't jump very far!

Love the "liquid" ideas I'm reading. And darn it, I'm looking forward to starting my pre-op diet, too!

Darr

Where are you located and who is the surgeon you are seeing?

Do me a favor, don't put all your marbles in the basket over it being that fast. I know self pay is much faster, but just in case.... lol

Let us know what your doc says for pre-op... I have some good HIGH Protein home made shake recipes...

Day four and this morning I was down 5lbs! I was starving but I'm losing!

Dh comes home tonight, after working out of town all week so I'm sure the weekend will be harder. So far I havn't had to cook anything or have it smell up the house, just feeding DS but he is only 11mo. so mostly he eats veggies, apple sauce, crackers so it hasn't been too hard.

Darragha - Welcome! I had my consult around the 26th of July and surgery is 8/3. It probably could have been sooner but I went on vacation and then the surgeon went on vacation for like two weeks and I really only wanted a Friday for the surgery. Good luck to you!

Ok so today is rough... I haven't had a BM in a few days and figured well I am not eating so not too much to come out! WRONG.... I was totally constipated. OMG... sorry don't mean to be graphic but I think the Protein stops ya up. I am going to start on some stool softner and add Beneful to my shakes. That was just too much for me to handle...

So be careful on these liquid diets....

Ok I am gonna try to make it a better day... oh whait I have an Upper GI at 10:30 (they told me to fast.. ha ha ha) won't that be fun! Ok after that... nothing but good... RIGHT?:help:

Day four and this morning I was down 5lbs! I was starving but I'm losing!

Dh comes home tonight, after working out of town all week so I'm sure the weekend will be harder. So far I havn't had to cook anything or have it smell up the house, just feeding DS but he is only 11mo. so mostly he eats veggies, apple sauce, crackers so it hasn't been too hard.

Darragha - Welcome! I had my consult around the 26th of July and surgery is 8/3. It probably could have been sooner but I went on vacation and then the surgeon went on vacation for like two weeks and I really only wanted a Friday for the surgery. Good luck to you!

You will do just fine with him home. He will support you don't worry about that. And at least for me I am not as intrested in food so cooking it is not as hard anymore. Ooohh... make his the nastiest smelling fish... you won't want to eat!! LOL

Hang in there.

Oh and gang... got a surgery date change, instead of aug 7th it's now on the 6th!

LOL ! today is my 14th day on high Protein liquid diet, i to thought "no way" i could do this, but much to my surprise i am doing it, no cheeting! ( well once i had a bite of chicken), i think fear is my motivation, i went shopping for all diffrent types of Soups, i prefer the optima slim fast vanilla, or boost high protein both low calorie, crystal lite packages, and i found some very refreshing Water called metro mint, a little more expensive, but mixed with the CL and my vit C its very refreshing, I have read 3 harry potter novels to keep me busy, (which i can hear my stomach growl every now and then) LOL..i will snack on frozen Gogurts, jello's, egg drop Soup is good, and miso soup is good for a change in flavor..surprisingly, i'm not as hungry as i thought i would be, after feating this i am very proud of myself for sticking with it , and its a great boost of morale!! YOU CAN DO IT!!

Well, I was right, the weekend was much harder! And no, I didn't stick to the slimfast. But, I did focus on keeping my calories around 800 and I felt that was an accomplishment. I've still lost 6.5 lbs so I'm happy with that. Now, for the next 4 days...its crunch time!

Hope everyone else had a good weekend!

Well, I was right, the weekend was much harder! And no, I didn't stick to the slimfast. But, I did focus on keeping my calories around 800 and I felt that was an accomplishment. I've still lost 6.5 lbs so I'm happy with that. Now, for the next 4 days...its crunch time!

Hope everyone else had a good weekend!

I hear ya, the weekend was hard, but then again today was hard too. I smoked right thru days 3-5 now after ending day 7, I am so ready to quit. I wanted so badly to eat with my kids today. I am grouchier than ever and getting frustrated. On friday after 4 days I was down 7 pounds. Today I am down a total of 8 pounds... what gives? All this starving and the rapid loss the first few days and now I am stagnant. I was hoping to see a little more by now with all the pain and control I am going thru.

Not sure if I told everyone or not but they found a hernia on friday, waiting for official report tomorrow so my surgery daye most likely will change (insurance covering hopefully.... YEAH). That might ber whats making this diet so hard knowing i will have to do this again... ARRGGGGGHHHHH!:help::cry:think