Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Time for Liquid Diet and SCARED... HELP!!!

You two are doing great!!!! And to be honest with you day one through three are the worst!!!!! That's how it is with any bad habit you are trying to break!!! Soooooo, get out your shoes, get out of the house if need be!!! Don't be around food when you don't have to absolutely have to be. You know what, day one is almost done, and that is an awesome accomplishment!!!! Doesn't that feel great??? Mark off one day on your calendar!!! This is really going to be a piece of "shake" when it is all said and done!! You are rolling right into day two and on your way to bandland!!! Yippppppeeeeeeee!!!! You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!

You two are doing great!!!! And to be honest with you day one through three are the worst!!!!! That's how it is with any bad habit you are trying to break!!! Soooooo, get out your shoes, get out of the house if need be!!! Don't be around food when you don't have to absolutely have to be. You know what, day one is almost done, and that is an awesome accomplishment!!!! Doesn't that feel great??? Mark off one day on your calendar!!! This is really going to be a piece of "shake" when it is all said and done!! You are rolling right into day two and on your way to bandland!!! Yippppppeeeeeeee!!!! You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the support. That made me feel good. :whoo:

As each day passes you'll feel better and better. Remember the liquid diet is intended to shrink the liver so they can reach the sweet spot where you band will go very easily. ( my liver was the size of a caboose..kidding) You just help yourself that much more when you stick to this detox liquid diet. Keep going!!!

Yes, what lapdancer said. If it all helps, think about NOT being able to have surgery because your liver is tooo big and did not shrink enough. Wouldn't that suck to wake up and find out that you did not have the surgery after all, because of that?????

You have had YEARS of eating, and eating and eating. Now it is time to not eat, and be proud of it. You will not starve. It just feels like it, but day four, will be like a whole other world has opened up for you. SO, here it is day two, girlies!!! Wooooohhhooooo!!! You can do this!!! You know you can....

Yes, what lapdancer said. If it all helps, think about NOT being able to have surgery because your liver is tooo big and did not shrink enough. Wouldn't that suck to wake up and find out that you did not have the surgery after all, because of that?????

You have had YEARS of eating, and eating and eating. Now it is time to not eat, and be proud of it. You will not starve. It just feels like it, but day four, will be like a whole other world has opened up for you. SO, here it is day two, girlies!!! Wooooohhhooooo!!! You can do this!!! You know you can....

I am doing better today. I had my first shake this morning blended with coffee... tasted REALLY good. I admit though I gave in and took the pills the doc gave me to help. I have a job interview today and well I haven't worked in 8 years and didn't need to be cranky today. So the pills are helping too.

So please everyone keep me in your prayers or thoughts... interviewing and liquid diet... OUCH!:help:

pills? What pills? I didn't get any pills, though I'm sure there is something in my medicine cabinet as I have taken most every diet pill out there.

Anyway day 2 started okay had my shake around 830 but then got really busy and didn't take one with me so it was 330 when I got to my second one and I'm starving! I was out where others were eating and it was soooo hard but I didn't give in. Oh well maybe tonight will be easier since I can have two shakes for dinner if I need to. Also I was down 1/2 lb this morning. Hopefully more tomorrow.

wannabe....SEE!!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't that feel GREAT!! You were out and around others who were eating and still didn't give in!!!! The bad part was waiting sooooooooo long to have your other shake. That could of turned out disasterous for you. So happy it didn't. Next time, see if you can't take it along, have small cooler, ice block, something so you don't have to wait that long before having something in your stomach. GOOD JOB!!! I am soooo proud of you!! You are almost done with day two you guys....how do you feel???? I feel great for you!!!!! I bet you do too!!!

Thank you so much for your support areellady! I'm trying to stay positive but my mood is getting the better of me. It really shines a light on all the places in your life food is an issue. I guess maybe part of this torture is not only to shrink the liver but break that patterns.

pills? What pills? I didn't get any pills, though I'm sure there is something in my medicine cabinet as I have taken most every diet pill out there.

Anyway day 2 started okay had my shake around 830 but then got really busy and didn't take one with me so it was 330 when I got to my second one and I'm starving! I was out where others were eating and it was soooo hard but I didn't give in. Oh well maybe tonight will be easier since I can have two shakes for dinner if I need to. Also I was down 1/2 lb this morning. Hopefully more tomorrow.

Ok you sound like me, I did my first around 8:30 and with the interview I had today and running around it was 3 before I had one (just finished it in fact). I did by some slim fast today because i need some to be on the go instead of in my blender.

As for pills my doc gave nme 3 days worth of Phentermine (the safe half of the Phen Fen) to help curb my appetitite. Again only 3 days worth but he says thats all you need. I am definetely doing better today than yesterday but I am still hungry, and boredom hits with not being able to eat. (part of my habit I need to break). I believe now though that it will get easier!

By the way how did you get the 1/2 pound to show? I am scared to get on the scale, don't want to obsess figure i will wait a few more days. Even 2 pounds will be bvery encouraging!:whoo:

I went to a support group meeting today -- the nurse leading the discussion said "don't be afraid to use medications while losing!" ok... sounds good to me! : )

3 days worth... the dr. probably thinking you won't need it after that. I hope he'll support you if it turns out you do need it!

I went to a support group meeting today -- the nurse leading the discussion said "don't be afraid to use medications while losing!" ok... sounds good to me! : )

3 days worth... the dr. probably thinking you won't need it after that. I hope he'll support you if it turns out you do need it!

I am pretty sure that he will give me more if I need it. He said after 3 days of high Protein diet the Protein should fill me up pretty well. I am taking in 100-140 grams of protein a day.... hope that helps.

I love Phentermine, lost lots on it before but unfortunately to get it I have to cross the state line and go to one of those shady weight loss clinics and pay $120 so not really an option since I'm being banded 8/3. Oh well, I guess I'll just keep going at in on my own. I think I have some NV somewhere, maybe I'll take one of those and see if it helps. I just wish my doc. had put me on a high Protein (meat and egg) plan instead of these stupid slimfast. Its only been two days and I'm already dreading the taste of them.

I love Phentermine, lost lots on it before but unfortunately to get it I have to cross the state line and go to one of those shady weight loss clinics and pay $120 so not really an option since I'm being banded 8/3. Oh well, I guess I'll just keep going at in on my own. I think I have some NV somewhere, maybe I'll take one of those and see if it helps. I just wish my doc. had put me on a high Protein (meat and egg) plan instead of these stupid slimfast. Its only been two days and I'm already dreading the taste of them.

Is there any chance he would at least let you go on a high Protein shake diet (my doc swears Protein pushes the hunger bugs away)? I do mostly homemade and there are lots of options, and with all of them its high protein...

ok girls, two days down!!!! You are doing GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up, I promise it will be sooooooooooo worth it on surgery day to be able to say, CHEAT FREE FOR ME!!!