Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 million baby girls murdered in India and yet it costs $20,000 to adopt

Is this to get below the new rules the Chinese Govt. has implemented for adoptions? I remembered reading a story about this and just looked it up. According to the new rules you may not be obese(according to the New York Times that is 40% body fat), single, over 55, have less than a net worth of $80,000, taking medication for a mental illness like depression, or have more than 4 kids. With so many children in deplorable conditions in need of adoption I think it's sad they restricted so many loving people from being able to adopt.

yup, that's it...

i am not saying i necessarily agree with those regulations, but i want another child and loved my experience with China...

(and they just raised their rates)

I just want to point out that one of the reasons why people want controls over home schooling is because many (not all) homeschoolers are teaching creationism, which is, of course, gross misinformation.

I have no issue with parents raising their children the way they want to without government interference, but I have plenty of issue with teaching incorrect information in the guise of school.

If people want to speak about nonsensical, unproven, unscientific theories, they should keep it in church where it belongs, not in anything posing as a school.

I just want to point out that one of the reasons why people want controls over home schooling is because many (not all) homeschoolers are teaching creationism, which is, of course, gross misinformation.

I have no issue with parents raising their children the way they want to without government interference, but I have plenty of issue with teaching incorrect information in the guise of school.

If people want to speak about nonsensical, unproven, unscientific theories, they should keep it in church where it belongs, not in anything posing as a school.

Evolution is unproven. So is Creation Science. They are both theories. My kids learn about both theories, and the science, or lack thereof, behind both.

I adopted a newborn (long ago, granted) from an agency that uses a sliding fee scale - the less income you have, the less you pay them.

We were responsible for our own attorney fees and court costs related to the actual adoption.

I adopted a newborn (long ago, granted) from an agency that uses a sliding fee scale - the less income you have, the less you pay them.

We were responsible for our own attorney fees and court costs related to the actual adoption.

That sounds more fair to me. I do think a family wanting to adopt does need a steady income that is good enough to raise children, but laying $20k for adoption can make raising the child difficult if you saved so much for it!