Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How can i over come my head hunger?

I don't know but I do notice that once I started my Pre op liquid diet I can tell for sure what head hunger is. After intake of 27 grams of Protein in a shake there is no way I'm hungry but if I smell or see something I think I'm hungry. I have avoided eating with everyone in the breakroom at work. Lots of overtime lol

Drink lots of Water and stay hydrated.

Eat delicious, nutritious food.

Find something else to do. (Take a walk. Exercise. Clean your house. Call a friend. Write in your journal. Make something. Practice a craft or hobby. Volunteer. Etc. Etc.)

See a counselor or therapist.

Attend a support group.

Read a book. There are lots of books related to weight loss surgery, emotional eating, eating disorders, etc.

Post in BariatricPal.

Learning how to deal with head hunger is challenging but you can do it!

I noticed your weight loss and wanted to congratulate you, what a journey!

What Inner Surfer Girl said....

Keep yourself busy. I distract myself with hikes, organizing the office, volunteering at the local animal shelter, taking pottery classes, shopping and I'm remodeling my kitchen myself (ugh!). This is on top of working 10-12 hours a day. I have the cleanest garage in the neighborhood, my dog knows more than a dozen tricks. I personally don't go to a gym, but establishing an excercise pattern instead of an eating pattern can be very helpful with long term success.

I drink a huge bottle of Water when I want a snack. Or I reach for a healthy snack. I am not a big fan of cooking, but if I were I would spend a lot of time exploring new bariatric friendly recipes.

I read several bariatric self help books and thousands of threads on this and other WLS forums. I talk to friends that had WLS. If you can't figure out how to do it on your own then you need to seek therapy or go to support meetings. The more you give in to head hunger the easier it is to give in to head hunger.

@@sebastian2015 I have used it for Christmas this year so far!

It's quite literally mind over matter. Do whatever you need to stay busy and not thinking of food. Drink Water until you feel like you are going to float away. Stay away from processed foods; they only feed cravings. Eventually you will break the addiction.

how can i control my head hunger? what can i do to forget about all those tasty food and chocolates and sweets?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Sebastian, tell us the truth now ... are you eating any of those tasty foods and chocolates and sweets? Even a little?

If you are, you will crave them more and more until you do one of two things: (1) start eating more and more of them (in which case you're hooked again) or you (2) go cold turkey on their asses and don't eat any of them at all -- in which case you will stop craving them.

Your choice.

Oh, and don't buy them. Keep them out of sight if others buy them at work. Flush them down the commode if someone gives them to you / buys them for you.

You will learn new behaviors. It will happen. After a few months of not being able to eat like you did, the old habits die away. Your new habits will replace them.

You will learn new behaviors. It will happen. After a few months of not being able to eat like you did, the old habits die away. Your new habits will replace them.

im very hopefull of that

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk