Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Approaching 15 Months Post: Real Life

It is so true that falling back into old habits sneaks up on you. Over the past two months I got lazy about recording food and regular exercise. This caused a 3lb gain. My concern was not the weight gain but more of allowing old habits to sneak in.

Instead of beating myself up I am acknowledging that this is part of the process and got back on my plan as of Monday. This is a journey not a destination! No one is perfect! I still have achieved amazing results due to hard work!!

Looks like we were both sleeved around the same time. I was sleeved Sept. 1, 2014. I was doing really well with my weight loss and maintenance (reached goal right before the 1 year mark) until just recently. I have been very sick the past several days and have pretty much done nothing my sleep and eat. And it's already showing on the scale. I've definitely turned to food for comfort since I've been sick and that was a habit I had hoped to be well rid of by now!

Timely reminder and well said. I like your "non-defeatist" attitude BTW. It takes courage to see a problem, admit responsibility and move toward resolution. Good job.

Thanks everyone for the support!

@@konalisa80, I could have written this post. I am almost 14 months post op. Still not at goal but over thanksgiving I lost a pound & I was so proud of myself that I got a bit too "comfortable".

My husband and I always take the week after Thanksgiving off and to my surprise this past Sunday, I got back on the scale and gained 3 pounds! I have never, ever gained that much weight in a week.

So needless to say, on Monday I got back on track. This is truly a lifetime commitment & a wake up call for me!

Thanks for the reminder, it is so easy to resort back to old habits.

I am in maintenance and find that I go up and down the same 5 pounds every few days (123 to 128). When I see a 1-5 pound gain on the scale, I think nothing of it because I know I will be down again the next day. Now, if it was more than 5 pounds, then that would be a different story. Does anyone else in maintenance go through something similar?

I'm in "maintenance" for a bit while I let my body catch up and recover. I have been at 154-158 for about two months and I'm good with that, I am below my first weight goal which was 160, now my second weight goal is 140 + 5-10 lbs in muscle mass so I'm very close. Seeing the scale go up and down around these numbers is not a big deal so long as I don't see it go over 160.

Good for you! You are right. There is nothing magical that happens when you have surgery. We are human and after a while it becomes easy to go back to what was comfortable before. But the good news is that you still have the same tool that helped you lose all this weight. It's not going anywhere. And you know what to do to lose again. You've got this!