Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

82 lb down..... & my pic didn't look like it today!

Since my preop diet started in May I have lost a total of 82 lb. I was sleeved on July 21. I feel great mentally & physically. I have been working out & having NSV'S etc. Today however, I felt good, felt thinner than I looked I guess! My hubby took a pic of me & I looked & I about fell over! Fatness all over again! I haven't gained, I HAVE NOT CHEATED, NOT ONCE. I just mentally thought I looked thinner than I did! My own mental image of myself was better than what the camera showed me!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!! I am supposed to want to show off pics now, not hide them like I used to. Has this happened to anyone? ????????

@@Lexuskela I feel a lot thinner than I am. I gets lots of compliments and questions asking have I reached my goal. I am about 35 from doctors goal. when I tell them that they freak out.

I have taken a couple of pics and I still look a bit heavy. but nothing like before.

I guess I haven't seen anyone really that knows me.... Well my neighbors don't say anything. My husband does of course and that makes me feel good. I left my old job so I don't see who I worked with before surgery to hear the after compliments. My family all live out of state, so its hard because I have no one to loom at me & just drop the "OMG YOU LOOK FANTASTIC" compliments etc .... My hubby tells me but he is not an overly gushy guy with compliments. So I only have myself & the mirror and mental strength to go on. Some days just get harder than others.

It took me a long time for my head to catch up to the weight loss. I felt that way about my pictures until very recently. Even now at goal I'm sometimes still overly critical.

It's really sad what we do to ourselves, isn't it? All that negative self talk?

It took me a long time for my head to catch up to the weight loss. I felt that way about my pictures until very recently. Even now at goal I'm sometimes still overly critical.

It's really sad what we do to ourselves, isn't it? All that negative self talk?

Yes it is brutal!! It makes me just want to cry!! The only good thing this side of surgery is I won't eat bad now. So even though I feel & think bad now, I won't turn to bad food to console myself by saying "screw it!" Like I used it.

I guess I haven't seen anyone really that knows me.... Well my neighbors don't say anything. My husband does of course and that makes me feel good. I left my old job so I don't see who I worked with before surgery to hear the after compliments. My family all live out of state, so its hard because I have no one to loom at me & just drop the "OMG YOU LOOK FANTASTIC" compliments etc .... My hubby tells me but he is not an overly gushy guy with compliments. So I only have myself & the mirror and mental strength to go on. Some days just get harder than others.

Just a thought but maybe to get the compliments that you are longing for if you can post some before and after pics on this forum. I know they are an inspiration for others like myself who are just going to have the surgery. :rolleyes:

Could it be what your wearing? I sometimes still wear clothes that are too big for me and they are not very flatering. Ive noticed I look much thiner when I wear clothes that fit me properly. Its hard to keep up with my wardrobe getting smaller though (not that im complaining!!)

Could it be what your wearing? I sometimes still wear clothes that are too big for me and they are not very flatering. Ive noticed I look much thiner when I wear clothes that fit me properly. Its hard to keep up with my wardrobe getting smaller though (not that im complaining!!)

Oh my gosh I love this comment Tink! That's why I'm always harping on people to not wear ill fitting clothes as they lose weight! It makes you feel so much better wearing things that actually fit as you're going down in sizes. And others notice the weight loss better, too!

Here is my before surgery & the full length is yesterdays pic. I loved my outfit, I didn't think my thighs looked that massive still. I think maybe its because they were up in front of the other.... But clearly still large! I think my face looks big still... Yet Saturday I took a selfie in my car as my hubby was driving & you can see the other pic, mh face looks much thinner there than it does in the full length pic. So I don't get it.

I have posted on the before & after forum & get hardly any feedback, so I stopped posting there lol. I think that forum is for the true extreme before & after pics. Slight difference pics don't get much feedback I think in my opinion.

post-254659-0-58356900-1449506175_thumb.jpg

post-254659-0-21147600-1449506196_thumb.jpg

@@Lexuskela you look fantastic! Congrats on your success!

@@Lexuskela you look fantastic! Congrats on your success!

Thank you... I appreciate it. Now I need my head to catch up I guess

I am always the same way. I feel thin now but my bmi tells a different story :). Trust me it's much better to feel thin than not! Also you have had amazing results! I had no people diet and am down 52lb but my surgery was 3 weeks before you! Great job.

Here is my before surgery & the full length is yesterdays pic. I loved my outfit, I didn't think my thighs looked that massive still. I think maybe its because they were up in front of the other.... But clearly still large! I think my face looks big still... Yet Saturday I took a selfie in my car as my hubby was driving & you can see the other pic, mh face looks much thinner there than it does in the full length pic. So I don't get it.

I have posted on the before & after forum & get hardly any feedback, so I stopped posting there lol. I think that forum is for the true extreme before & after pics. Slight difference pics don't get much feedback I think in my opinion.

You look Awesome !! Keep up the Great work !! Keep posting those pics. I look forward to seeing more and posting some of my own in a few months. My surgery is tomorrow. :D

You definitely look like you've lost over 80 pounds! You look fantastic!

You look awesome!!

You have a very sexy curvy body!

You need curves cuz you're a woman!

VA VA VA voom

You're tummy is flat, you're waist is a gorgeous hour glass and you have lovely hips!

And to boot - you have nice boobies!

No I'm not gay.

No I'm not hitting on you.

LOL

I just know a nice womanly figure when I see one!

Keep doing what you're doing!

Edited by heather5565