Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My scale and I have a love hate relationship, so this morning we broke up until the New Years . I've been in a stall for over two weeks now. I know it's part of the process, but just don't like it very much. Does anybody have any ideas on how to get the scale moving again. I workout, get my Protein in, drink my Water, and started a different excise program , but nothing is working.

Stick to the plan and hang on in there but I do know how much it sucks! It's a good idea about putting the scale away. Be kind to yourself, you are doing great :)

Stalls are a normal, natural, and necessary part of the process.

If you are getting in all of your Protein and fluids you should be fine.

Have you talked to your NUT? Are you eating enough for your exercise intensity?

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

Stalls are a normal, natural, and necessary part of the process.

If you are getting in all of your Protein and fluids you should be fine.

Have you talked to your NUT? Are you eating enough for your exercise intensity?

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

Not yet... plan on calling on Monday . Not really sure , so up my Protein thinking that might help but no. This is my first stall and I'm 4 1/2 months out. Just hoping this is not going to be a long stall. I'm a slow loser as it is but I'm going to get there soon. Just putting away my scale and focus on the plan.

I used to break up with my scale over Christmas to. It removed the accountability factor so I could eat what I wanted to and then not feel bad about it until I had to weigh myself on New Years. Isn't it better to know you're in a stall and be annoyed about it, which keeps you vigilant about what you're eating, than to ignore the scale and find out 3 weeks from now that damn, the stall is gone, and you're up 5-10 pounds? I hit goal back in April but over the summer I was lazy and I gained a few pounds. I would like to be 129 again, but for the last several months I am stuck at 132.2. I go up a pound or two once or twice a week and then right back down to damned 132.2. I weigh myself every morning, I get mad about it every morning, and then I watch what I eat every day because I know I will be accountable to the scalesin the morning. If I wasn't paying attention to my weight everyday, I would be enjoying the foods of the holiday season a whole lot more right now because the immediate result of knowing I gained weight is delayed until January and then I would have so much more work to do than if I just sucked it up and weighed myself everyday during Christmas.

Breaking up with your scale during the time of year you are most likely to justify overeating just delays the misery until January. :)

I used to break up with my scale over Christmas to. It removed the accountability factor so I could eat what I wanted to and then not feel bad about it until I had to weigh myself on New Years. Isn't it better to know you're in a stall and be annoyed about it, which keeps you vigilant about what you're eating, than to ignore the scale and find out 3 weeks from now that damn, the stall is gone, and you're up 5-10 pounds? I hit goal back in April but over the summer I was lazy and I gained a few pounds. I would like to be 129 again, but for the last several months I am stuck at 132.2. I go up a pound or two once or twice a week and then right back down to damned 132.2. I weigh myself every morning, I get mad about it every morning, and then I watch what I eat every day because I know I will be accountable to the scalesin the morning. If I wasn't paying attention to my weight everyday, I would be enjoying the foods of the holiday season a whole lot more right now because the immediate result of knowing I gained weight is delayed until January and then I would have so much more work to do than if I just sucked it up and weighed myself everyday during Christmas.

Breaking up with your scale during the time of year you are most likely to justify overeating just delays the misery until January. :)

I'm sticking to my plan no matter if I weight every day or on New Years . This surgery cost me a lot of money and that keeps me very motivated and to not let myself or my family down. My family has sacrifice for me to get healthy and to enjoy life. I understand some people might need to weight themselves in order to stay on track ,but I'm not one of those people. It's just very upsetting weighing myself and the weight don't come off. Lol my brain must work different than most people, you see that's enough to send me to refrigerator and giving up and eating , thinking I was failing every day. Thank you for giving me another view to keep in mind .

I feel your annoyance with the scale. I have been on a stand still for 2 months almost and it just bothers the heck out of me. I know I do not drink enough Water but that is about it what I have not been fulfilling as my doctors Office have been asking of me. I had been advised by some members here to change up my exercise habit or even my food as long as I stay in the limits of the nutrition required. Hopeful that might help you?! As I look at your weight loss you are doing really good, so do not despair, you will be back on track soon:)