Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally back on schedule

Everything was going to easy when I started this journey. Found a great doctor, people were so supportive, work told me to take all the time I needed, even the two week diet wasnt as bad as I was expecting it to. Was scheduled for surgery on 11/2 and everything was great, until I woke up and the doctor told me they didnt do the surgery. there was mass on my right ovary All the planning and work for this surgery and now I would have to put it off for who knows how long. I tried not to let my disappointment about the missed surgery deter me. Finding this mass is way more important. Being thin wont make any difference if I am not healthy. That is the main reason I started this process, being healthy. So I made the appointment to see a gyn oncologist and move on to the next steps. Thankfully all test have come back and it is not cancerous. But due to the size, I have to have the ovary removed. Thankfully it is just the one and I dont have to have a full hysterectomy. I am happy that this is something I can take care over and hopefully wont have to worry about again. But I couldnt help thinking about the WLS and how that would be have to be put off for 6 months to year. Because I was already under for the first surgery and they made the incsions, I was out of work for week and now another 2 weeks for this new surgery, I figured I would have to put off WLS till middle or end of next year. That thought depressed me. So I asked my gyn doctor if there was any chance that we could do both surgeries at the same time. Because I was doing my WLS surgery at another hospital, I would have to switch doctors. That sucked but one surgery was worth it. I had my records moved to the new doctor and he and my gyn doctor have discussed it and baring any surprises when they go in, they have agreed to do the surgeries at the same time. I am so excited. The new WLS doctor has been so nice fitting me in ASAP and getting everything done before the end of the year. The ovary needs to come ASAP and I dont want to have to do my deductible again, so they have been fast tracking me through their program. Yesterday I got the news I have been waiting for. Both doctors are able to do my surgery on 12/29. I am so excited to finally get this done.

Glad the mass back back non cancerous!! What a relief. That is great news they can do both surgeries at once!!

Good luck

So happy to hear your story is working out for you. I was lucky enough to have them find my masses pre_op, I met with an oncologist last week and he sent me for test to see if I have cancer and I see him next week to discuss surgery removal of the masses, mine are huge both size of footballs. He said he would talk to my bariatric surgeon and see if he is willing to do a shared surgery as well. So I'm hoping but won't know until next week. Then of course I have the worry of what they find when remove masses but he will have pathology on hand to test for cancer in the operating room to see if both ovaries have to come out. So I'm scared, but blessed that God led me on this WLS journey, without it, I may not have ever known about the masses until it was too late and they caused me real problems. Everything happens for a reason.

Wow, so glad your mass was benign. That's really cool that they will do both surgeries together. Wishing you all the best. My WLS got derailed for a few months with an endometrial cancer diagnosis. Hysterectomy was my cure and I'll be having my WLS in 6 days!!!