Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

°Being Moody, is it just me°

I'm 17 days post op now and I've been doing well recovering from the surgery physically, but I've notice I've been extremely moody.. Three extreme emotions, no middle ground... Feeling miserable and hate the feeling of not being me.. Please tell me I'm not the only one and how did you overcome it..?

@@adcovington87 that's pretty normal. expect it for a little while longer possibly.

this too will pass :)

I was a bawling mess for a few days and still have emotional moments. My hormones are just getting settled and it's a strange but normal thing. I hope yours gets better.

Your fat cells store hormones so when you burn the fat those hormones flood your system and make you as hormonal as a 13 year old. It will pass and it is very normal. Hey it's proof you are burning fat!

My surgery was two days before thanksgiving. I got home on Wednesday at 1:00pm and had 5 people for the weekend coming in at 7:00. Four days later, I had 8 people for a four day weekend. It's now Sunday, day 12 and I'm a blubbering mess! I haven't had a chance to even think about a routine! I'm hungry, sick of Protein Powder, shakes, Soup, I have constant heartburn, and like Marcia Brady, need a Snickers!!! What the heck have I done!!!!!

I am 20 days post-op and feel like I've lost my mind today. I was feeling great the last 2 days and then boom- today I"m an emotional mess. I think I am just tired of having to think about every little bit of protien or liquid that I get down. I don't even want to go eat anything unhealthy just tired of having to worry about it. I am not feeling so friendly with the scale right now either....it had been moving pretty good before surgery, but this week it keeps going up and down the same 2 lbs... I am following dr's orders, and there is no way I'm gaining, but dang- it is really messing with my head today.

I was shocked that my hubby put up with my moods!

I warned friends and work colleagues too and they were all understanding as being moody isn't really me.

It'll pass. Be kind to yourself

Me too!!!! I have felt great till friday. 19 days post op. Now I feel like crap for three days. Lightheaded. Grouchy as hell. Tired of powders. Ugh. Not very hungry. Sick of Soup. Sick of yogurt.