Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am going crazy in the liquid stage!

I was banded 7/18 and will be on liquids for two weeks. Here I am on day three and I keep looking at the calendar just wanting to get on with it. Nothing liquid tastes good to me. I,ve made 3 different cream Soups and have thrown them all out. So I keep telling myself "stop being such a whiner" this to shall pass.

On Wednesday I start my Clear Liquids only diet, for 2 1/2 weeks. I am not looking forward to being cranky, which I just know I will be. Luckly I will be on vacation. But, I figured I can do anything for 2 1/2 weeks, right? It will make me stronger and healthier and show me what I am really capable of. I am so ready to being banded and losing weight!

I will tell you that the sugar-free popsicles have been wonderful. I am almost over the full liquid stage and am very happy! I have lost 10 pounds...none in the last 4 days though. I am trying not to get discouraged. broth is really good for a change and salty instead of those sweet shakes. Hang in there..it is all worth it.

Try pickle juice, it sounds weird, but it really helped me with the salty cravings!

Once I could do full liquids, V8 was a life saver. And oddly enough, I would occasionally grab a spoonful of A1, it was heaven!

I am right there with ya! I get to start mushies on Wednesday, and I can't wait! I was banded on the same day as you. When did you get to start mushies??

~*Ash*~

This sounds scary, I am cranky enough going through menopause. I am glad I read this though so I can plan to be under low stress for that month! I don't want to tell my 10 yr old daughter I am having this procedure, she is slightly overweight and I'm not sure what this message will send her...that she's no good at that weight? I am doing this for health reasons but how do I explain to her. I worry she will know because of this. Darn don't want to be cranky to her either.

I just got done with my dr's visit and they put me on eggs, cottage cheese, yogart, Soup, etc. I am so excited! I have lost 22 pounds since my first visit....10 since being banded. Hope everyone is having a great day.:clap2:

I got banded on 7/10/07 and am in the liquid stage. I have been eating strictly Protein shakes and want to eat. What can I expect in the next stage? Any help would be great!

Ok so I am just starting liquid pre-op so I can feel for you. Of coarse now i am scared that i won't last that long! Did you diet pre-op??

GOOD LUCK....

Yes I started liquid to lose the weight needed for insurance to cover the surgery. It is hard but soooo worth it! Try buying different shakes and mix it up. chicken and beef broth are good in between and try some other links on the website to get other information about recipes. You will be ready to eat but you can do it!

This sounds scary, I am cranky enough going through menopause. I am glad I read this though so I can plan to be under low stress for that month! I don't want to tell my 10 yr old daughter I am having this procedure, she is slightly overweight and I'm not sure what this message will send her...that she's no good at that weight? I am doing this for health reasons but how do I explain to her. I worry she will know because of this. Darn don't want to be cranky to her either.

Sooverit I am with you on the daughter thing. I have not told my kids, they just know mommy is on a liquid diet and my almost 8 year old daughter wants to do Protein shakes with me. I am ok with her having one, in fact my dr said it would be ok for her and might help with her hunger. But i am worried what she might do or think about the surgery. She already said she didn't want mom to be skinnier than her.

Any ideas from you or anyone on how to deal with the overweight child while we go thru this process?:help: