Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Five more days.

And so, today, the pre surgery visit. Tests were done, I'm down 21 pounds since this started, and people came and talked at me. They did their job.

Now I stand a foot from the shore. The ship is in sight that will carry me to a new land. Here I am besieged on every side, enemies seek to destroy me. But before me is a path I have never trod.

It is dark, that path. Sometimes it feels like I will be jumping into the abyss. Maybe I'll stand on the edge, lean over, and look into the darkness.

But, once on the ship, and once on the journey, I'll arrive in sunlit lands. I'll step ashore a quite different person. I wonder if I'll like him. Will he be kind and gentle? Or will he be full of himself? Will he temper his words to the unfortunate? Or will he ridicule, and hold himself above others?

Will that thin man deal with his emotions or will he supplant one addiction for another?

Who is this voyager who looks like me? Will he strive to make a better life for himself and his wife on every front? Or will he take the easy way? He has done that before. Will he put his new found energy to use? Will he dissipate it in childish endeavor?

Let's hope I can stand with the fine people here at LBT. I know I will do well in these things. The only path to failure is if I forget where my path originated. I'll keep my before pic close to my heart.

I ramble because sleep is far away, yet morning is looming ever closer. Good night you good people. I am honored to have met you all here on this paperless page.

Ryan,

Will be keeping you in my thoughts during your journey to the otherside.

What else would a fellow Michigander and Law Enforcement brother do eh (my Canadian side showing)

21lbs!!! Way to go, Ryan! The 16th will be here so fast it'll make your head spin! I'm definitely keeping you in my prayers that all goes well and you have an easy, fast recovery.

Ryan,

Your banding will be here before you know it! :)

Thanks for you continued inspirational input that you bring to this board. I really enjoy reading your posts. I'm very excited that you will have your surgery soon and you can join the rest of us as major losers! (hehe)

Tricia

Once again Ryan you have captured me with your words..

Congrats on your 21 lbs gone forever! Soon you will be on the other side. We are all pulling for you.These last few days are going to fly by..

Ryan, it's really just a matter of hours now. I remember a couple of months ago when you first mentioned your surgery date, it seemed so far off. . . now you're almost there. I am thrilled for you. Yes, it's a scary step, but the rest of us who have already stepped on the banded shore will be there waiting for you and will walk by your side along the path. I can't imagine the heart of the thin man will be different from the heart of his larger predecessor; you're just going to pare away a few outer layers to reveal more of yourself.

You've done so well with your weight loss! You should really feel good about that. Don't worry, Ryan. You'll still be you when you're thinner. You'll just be a healthier, happier, more confident you.

Nancy

Hi Ryan!!!

I am so excited for you and your date with the surgeon!!! You deserve it and I know you'll do great! You are amazing losing 21 lbs before surgery and can't wait to see what you can do after the surgery. You and frank will be gliding way past us poor girls on the weight loss. LOL. Keep you chin up and we'll all be thinking about you this week. Promise to let us know how it goes as soon as you can. Teresa

Wow Ryan, congrats on 21 gone! That's great. You are such an inspiration as i read your posts. You seem like such a beautiful man inside and out!