Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded july 18. was not ready for the discumfort. pain subsiding slowly, but port area very painfull. i hope this passes soon, as walking is a challenge at this point. for that matter all movment is a challenge. on the bright side im not hungry.

I was also banded on the 18th. If I were you, I'd call the surgeon. It seems to me that there is something wrong. I can't even tell anything is there except for a little tenderness around the biggest incision. I was up and moving around the same day, and no pain.

believe me we have talked. all vitals are fine. my son had lapband and he did not experience much discomfort after first day. im just not that lucky i guess. pain is significantly down now, but not a great ride.

another lesson has been learned in the interim. drink, drink, drink. i had such a full feeling in my stomach that i did not stay up on fluids. became dehydrayted. very sick feeling. to much liquid protien, not enough fluids. was drinking 6-8 cups of Fluid a day, not enough with the Protein i was ingesting. feeling better and am looking forward to tomorrow. had i weighed myself, i would have figured it out. down 12#'s. obviously Water weight. drink drink drink

Okay...I've had gobs of energy since my surgery on July 19th. I'm four days out. The day after I was driving and feeling very little pain. Started my period that night so I think my mood on day two was from hormones and not surgery. BUT I've had tons of tightness and lots of gas...both directions. Any suggestions? Is this everyones experience?

Thanks.

Linda:rolleyes

congradulations! would like to be near my goal also, but that might be to easy. my best day was surgery day. up and around within hours of procedure. pain is just around port incession at this point, but dehydration is getting the best of me. for some reason im feeling full (blouted) all the time. liquids fill me up to uncomfortable levels. forcing fluids at this point is difficult. i know i need to retain more Water.< /p>

banded the 18th, im feeling the same thing. ive heard it could be some of the air they pump into you to get around inside you during the surgery. surgeon trys to get it all out before closing. other than that im assuming it will pass. ha ha

I had terrible port pain too. I was banded on may 21st. The pain went away overnight! One day extremely sore....next day gone. I asked my doc and he said the stitches on the muscle hurt and some more than others and once the last stitch is gone so is the pain. Until then the pain was horrible.....my heart goes out to you but just know it is all worth it!

I called my clinic today and they said the gas can last awhile. Liquids, surgery, diet, can all cause gas. So....I told the receptionist that it felt like a knife in my gut that twists around and then I pass some gas a few minutes later.

I haven't been very hungry either. A liquid diet for two weeks will be a challenge. There have been so many times that I've reached for something with an astonished realization that "I can't eat that!" It shocks me each time. Interesting.

I've had some great support from friends. They visit, take me out shopping, or call on the phone. It's been a blessing as my husband is out of town and won't be back until Friday night.

I've worked on a few projects but haven't done well at exercising yet. It's over 100 degrees again today....possibly when it cools down outside I can walk the drive way a couple times.

So I'm off on a new journey. It's great having this site available so we can communicate and not feel alone.

Blessings.

Linda

i know what you mean. exercise will come, but i decided not to push it. hardest for me is cooking for my kids. today they had pot roast and potatos. grandma brought it over. smelled gooooood. on old diets, i would have been all over that roast. knowing i cant have it somehow made it easier. the weight is starting to come off already, so i am feeling good about things. dont push yourself, it will come slow and easy.

Hi Robie and kirajh,

How are you sleeping:notagree? I roll out of bed slowly when I get up at night but enjoying some good sleep. Thank you Jesus.

I made appointments yesterday with my family physician and Northwest Clinic fill lady who comes to Yakima. I want some tracking. It's funny. I feel like I've already lost my weight...that my journey is almost over...LOL THEN I look in the mirror :paranoid and reality hits. Oh, I some more time and work to do!!!

I'd love to be able to be in touch with both of you and compare notes. Is this the best venue?

Have a good Tuesday.

Linda

im not real computer literate, so hope this works. slept on belly last night, felt great till i woke about 3am. made for tough day. i will be back on my left side for a few more days. getting the hang of what and when to eat, but looking forward to solids, even if mushy. im eating low call pudding, v8, yogart, and gatorade successfully. big move from broth.< /p>

I too had some port pain at first. It might sound crazy, but what helped me the most was applying a heating pad to my mid-back area. The warmth sort of radiated to the front and really eased the pain for me.

Yes, I too, am dreaming of mushy. It's still 9 days off though! I'm going to have to be careful. I pureed some Soup but thinking about it makes me queezey...It's 5 o'clock and I need to eat. I've been good at drinking. Three years ago my daughter got me turned onto a 32 oz. iced green tea with a short shot of diet peach. It's scrumdilisious. My family dr said it was better than Water. I have had one each morning for the last 2 years. Now I'm getting two a day. Only $1.15 at the drive through coffee shop! Yes, they know me by name!! :clap2:

Some fruit popcicles worked well. One a day keep the hot weather away.

I just got my heating pad out. I ate my pureed sou[ and my shoulder already feels better.

HEY!!!:clap2:

Linda