Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved on Monday 16th. Actually feel like I have not had any surgery. I am so flippin hungry!!!!! I thought this was to diminish :( People I no who have had it said after their surgery they were not hungry for months. Im very worried because I want that feeling of no hunger.

Are you having head hunger instead of physical hunger? I know psychologically I'm going to need to make some adjustments. You may also be just thirsty.

I know people have told me it's head hunger, it's acid, it's thirst. No it is not, it is hunger, so I really know how you feel. The good thing is even if we are hungry, and yes I feel the same way, wish I wasn't, the sleeve stops us from overeating so I am very grateful for that, but yes I was hungry from day 2 after surgery. You kind of learn how to control it, I am almost 4 months out, good luck.

@tinnytink this is real hunger, stomach growling and everything! @@sbg224 that was my fear is that the sleeve wouldnt let me stop eating.

When I was 4 days out I thought I could feel hunger. But I convinced myself it was just the acid and got approval from my doctor to double the dose or anti-acid meds. The gurgling and the feeling remained. I started taking Gaviscon yesterday and the gurgling is gone but the hungry feeling is still there.

Some of us may just feel hunger.

I too felt hunger from day 2, however it has lessened to tolerable after starting on solid foods. Cravings are still an issue :(

I wish I was hungry. The thought of eating makes me more nauseous than I already am.

It's so strange how we all react so differently. I have to force myself to eat, and a few bites in and I am ready to hurl. I am using a toddler spoon and am lucky if I get in an Oz of food before I throw in the towel. My surgery was also 11/16.

@ when you graduated to solids did you find you couldn't eat much. I feel like I still have a bottomless pit :(

I was sleeved on the 16th and the experience was not as bad as I thought it would be. No hunger pains, threw up a bit of gastric juice once. I am struggling with getting in my fluids and Protein. The only problem, I think, is the stomach acid which makes me not want to drink Water or Soups. Tried cream of wheat this morning and could not do it. My goal is it get in a full Protein Drink before the end of the day! Good luck all...

I'm so hungry too - on soft liquids and purées until Thursday ... Sleeved on 11/12. Today I'm just hungry and sad. What if my sleeve is not working?

I was sleeved on 17th. I thought I was hungry today. I decided it was head hunger. I am going to have an issue with that. Have been on liquid diet for 2.5 weeks and I want real food!!!! I don't however, think it is real hunger.

I do think we all are really going to have to work on not loving food so much. I find myself wanting my sugar crap that got in this mess to begin with.

Are you able to eat and drink much Protein? Maybe try Protein shakes with casein Protein that is longer lasting than whey? I sometimes think the sleeve is magic and I will never have hunger ever again. I can see already I am going to have to be disciplined and eat the right stuff. I have done too much to gain weight back. Have you thought of drinking lots of Water to try to curb your hunger?

Good luck!!!

Y'all.... We are going to be hungry. We just need to fill ourselves with the correct portions and correct food!!! Eat slowly so it has time to go down and fill us. We can do this!!!!!!