Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

There are cookies in the office

Ok...I am now 4 day in on Optifast and I am hungry....everywhere in this office there are Cookies, Timbits...you name it we have it!And I love the sweeettttssssss! Hence my name lol.... I am ready to jump someone for they're cookies!:help:

I know how you feel. I came to work this morning and what do I find in the kitchen Cookies. I was filled yesterday so I'm starting over again and it sucks someone would leave those on the table. But I guess these things are what we have to overcome.

Control yourself sweetforlife. Remember the delicious Optifast shake you will be having for lunch? :hungry:

If you are craving something sweet try some strawberries or blueberries. Freeze them and eat them after that. They are like candy!

If you crave something salty and crunchy..try pickles! That is what i am getting today!

Imagine yourself at the goal weight that you told me about...those Cookies and timbits are yuck!!!!! Not worth it at all.

<p>Ok Queenie girl...I will have the optifast...boo hoo.. I will go and get the blue berries...that does sound like a good idea....oh girl... sob sob! Thanks for your support!</p>

Sweetforlife,

You've made the right decision in starting your journey and just think how sweet feeling thin will feel? Each step along the way will be a matter of choices....good and bad ones but they are yours to control. Take control and look at the sweets laying around as another challenge. Maybe take it one day at a time - I know the pre-op diet sucks but think of it as the first step on your journey and how great and more successful surgery will be because of your success with the pre-op diet.

Then concentrate on something you're going to do JUST FOR YOU....whether it's a good book, manicure, new jewelry etc. You have to do things for you to Celebrate your successes.

Good luck and keep up the good work.

Thanks for the encouragement....I just got some of the money for the surgery as I have to pay them tomorrow...I just looked at it...and starred at the draft and then my mom said to me...you better follow through with this....basically you better not fail again....and on the drive home i wondered to myself will this be it? Will this work? Will the side effects of surgery get the better of me? Can I just for get the surgery and do this on my own? Will I fail again? I have over 150 pounds to loose...by next year this time I want to do so much for myself....So many things went through my mind...did you feel this way? So much is riding on my sucess after the surgery.

Sweet,

Be careful about the amount of pressure you are putting on yourself. Yes it is important to make a commitment to this and yes it is expensive, but the world will not come to an end if you don't lose 150 lbs by next year. Some of us are slow losers, slow fast, some take a while before they "get it".

Just remember to belive in yourself and take it easy.

Sweetforlife,

I think negative thoughts are normal but in order to succeed with this journey, you have to start positive self talk and use the words like - I can do this and I will succeed and this is the right option for me. Like the little train who could we know and we're proof that you CAN do it. Don't get me wrong - it's not a cake walk (pardon the pun) but it is doable. Look at all the successful and continuing successes just on this site alone. Think positive and you will succeed and take it in babysteps. I would set mini goals and not think about 150lbs - that will over work the brain but most of us have used other increments to measure our successes. I started off with 10lb goals and soon enough I was using sizes to determine my success - now it's how I feel and the amount of exercise or activity I can complete before feeling winded!

Susan has it right - take it easy and believe in yourself. You'll do great!