Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waxahachie Bandsters???

Are there any of you out there. Dr. Carter in Arlington did my surgery, but I live in Wax. Just curious. Don't see/hear from many of Carters patients???

:help:

Hello-- I'm Not From Wax. But Corsicana Not Too Far From Ya. Dr. Davidson At Presby Hosp. Did Mine He Also Does Them At Vista. I Had My Surgery On 8/02/07 How About You?

I have just started the process with Dr. Carter. I already have my insurance approval, just need to get up the nerve to schedule a surgery date! I would love to hear your experiences with him.

:) I have had a really good experience with him and the people in the office. I had my surgery on 2/27/07 and have lost a total of 64lbs as of August 15.

He isn't one for small talk, so if you are looking for someone to listen, listen, listen and then give you some advise, he is not the one. He is all business it seems. Which is fine with me. I have 2.5cc in my 10 band.

I wish I would have known about this years ago. I am really happy now. I weigh 244lbs now and I am thrilled.:clap2:

I won't lie, I am still hungry at times and want to just pig out on junk, but the band reminds me and my husband that I can't. It is definetly a mental challenge!!!!

Let me know when you decided to have your surgery. I would do it tomorrow if I were you!! I look forward to seeing you at some support meetings.

:huggie:

I am 4 wks out from surgery. I love dr. carter but I dont like that he waits 3 months to do your first fill. I am a very impatient person and I am starting to get hungary all the time. They say that is the indicator you need a fill. Every one else seems to be getting their fill or getting ready for it ( the ones that had surgery at around the same time as me.)

:huggie: I have had a really good experience with him and the people in the office. I had my surgery on 2/27/07 and have lost a total of 64lbs as of August 15.

First, congrats on the loss of 641bs. that is great!! So did you wait 3 months for your first fill? If so did you lose weight faster afterwards. I am only losing 1/2 to - 1 lb a week. Im ready to get rolling. I feel like I can eat anything right now so I am ready for the restriction.

Is that the norm? I am not banded yet so have no idea. When I met Dr. Carter at the seminar he seemed like a nice guy but he's all business. There wasn't alot of small talk but that's ok with me. I was also wondering, what kind of pain meds did he send you home with? I am sooo worried about post-op pain. I'm a big ol baby when it comes to pain!

Is that the norm? I am not banded yet so have no idea. When I met Dr. Carter at the seminar he seemed like a nice guy but he's all business. There wasn't alot of small talk but that's ok with me. I was also wondering, what kind of pain meds did he send you home with? I am sooo worried about post-op pain. I'm a big ol baby when it comes to pain!

Dr. carter is the only one I know that waits that long for a fill. As far as pain meds just talk to him about it because he gave me tordal which is basically like taking ibroprofin but my friend just had surgery w/ him and the tordal did not work for her and she got him to give her some Syrup w/ codene in it.

Things are moving along! I am scheduled to be banded 9-25 with Dr. Carter. I am excited/nervous/scared...all at the same time!

I couldnt help noticing that we all have alot in common. We all have young children and we are all in our 30's. My son is in his terrible twos and my daughter just started kindergarten this year. I will be so glad when all this weight comes off so I will be able to have the energy to keep up with them and get on the floor and play w/ them comfortably.

How is everyone doing? I can't believe how fast the time is flying by for me. I go for my pre-op on the 18th and then surgery on the 25th. I've noticed that I am thinking differently. I will think about my "new" life. For example DH and were shopping for him some new work clothes, he's starting a new job this week. I strolled through the Plus section and hated everything I saw. I walked through the regular section and loved everything! LOL! I told DH I don't want to buy anymore clothes until I can buy a smaller size!