Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgical clearance scheduled

So this thursday i am going in for my blood work as well as a chest xray and an EKG for my surgical clearance. All these tests are being required of everybody in my Options class. On 12/15 i will have a 40-50 minute meeting with a nurse to go over my results and (hopefully)get the medical go ahead on my surgery. Really hoping that all goes well, i really dont want any kind of delay to get in the way. Im not worried about the blood work or the EKG, but after years of being a smoker, even though i have quit for some time now, i will either be really relieved, or find out some really awful news. Loosing my brother in law to lung cancer a few years back really took its toll on my family and i dont want them to have to go through all that again so i will be on pins and needles until next month. Anyone else go through similar feelings about their tests preop? If so, how did you cope until you got your results?

@@sleevingbeauty17 First of all, great name!

The only part that was worrisome to me was a big saga about whether I needed a sleep study. The pulmonologist said it was completely unnecessary, the NP said she was getting confusing messages, the NUT didn't really care but tried to rearrange appointments because she wasn't comfortable holding sessions until that was resolved, and the hospital admin kept scheduling and rescheduling once it was cancelled in the system...even after the date of my surgery! Incompetence...

I had some weight gain during pre-op that alarmed both the NUT and the psych, but by the time I was a few minutes into my psych appointment, I could tell he wasn't going to give me trouble about it, because I had come back down by the date of the psych eval.

Yeah i gained .22 pounds at last weeks weigh in after a super stressful week that resulted in not getting enough Water and eating around 900 calories a day. My body went into starvation mode and i paid the price. I have gotten my calories back up to 1200-1400 a day, but still working on getting my water in. Still been a tough week to workout as i have been sick to top it all off so i am worried about this weeks weigh in. Wish me luck.

clocked in at another 4.something pounds down for a total pre-op loss of 20.something pounds. don't have my paper right in front of me, but yeah, i a thrilled with this weeks we

down another pound last check in (12/3) hit a plateau but given thanksgiving was the week before, i am cutting myself some slack on not getting more off in two weeks. didn't have class on 12/10, so we will see how i have done this thursday when i have my next class. i have my surgical clearance meeting on tuesday so i may get a sneek peak at my weigh in that day, but if not, i will for sure on thursday. fingers crossed. based on my last weigh in, i have about 5 1/2 pounds to go by 1/15/2015 if i want my surgery right away.