Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone forced to have LB & hate having it all the time?

Diesel talked about having a lot of muscle and a "little fluff". Sorry, I have a feeling that this story is "a lot of fluff".

You are hard to believe! I do not think any loving parents would put

a child through this. AND....most certain a doctor would not do such a

thing!!!

I'm kind of amazed at the life of this thread. It keeps rising from the dead. I think it hits the "WTF is the matter with you??" button in all of us.

I just saw this thread, and I hate to prolong the stupidity of it, but I agree....WTF???! I cannot believe this story!

Since when can a Dr force you into anything? I thought we were all autonomous people who can make our own choices.....hmmm....my bad??
My thoughts exactly. Doctors can only suggest solutions, they can't force anyone to take their advice.

Just a thought:

someone mentioned mental illness.....it is possible that she thought weight loss would fix all of her problems (social, emotional, familial, etc) and when it didn;t she was looking for someone to blame. Given her info about her un girly figure and a childhood filled with being told she was fat, there is probably a LOT of underlying damage emotionally that did not go away when the weight was gone. She is still awfully young and it seems a bit immature with MAJOR self esteem issues.

JAT

Ya'll gotta quit reviving this thread. Everytime I see it renewed, I peek over to see "..the rest of the story" as Paul Harvey would say!

Ya'll gotta quit reviving this thread. Everytime I see it renewed, I peek over to see "..the rest of the story" as Paul Harvey would say!

I feel it is more like a train wreck. You know you shouldn't look but you do anyways....lol...I guess we are all rubbernecking!

I'm guilty - here I am again!

I still think it is someone's idea of a joke. Silly prankster stuff. Liking the attention, giggling everytime we post. :eek:

You put sad girl in a vunerable postition, you doctor is telling you this is the best way, your family is telling you this is your only chance, your friends are telling you this is the best thing. But no one asks you if you are ready for something like this. They look at it as a thing that will'force' you to take better care of yourself...nor do they support you when your BF kills himself and three family close memebers die ALL in the same month. They tell you about the dangers of slippage, but not about the gas, the strange full but still hungry feeling after you've eaten when the lower part of your stomach still growls after you've filled the upper pouch, on the constant pain by the port that feels like you are continually being poked by a pool stick.

do you realize you make criticizms on people without asking the right questions?

I was and am still severly depressed, and have been trying to correct everything I've been doing wrong...this doctor as new at the procedure and has since apologised for not giving me other options...but he doesn't remove them. I have been going to curves three days a week for two years.

but you didn't ask that did you?

People post only bits of a story...

I didn't begin to think the original poster was giving me the whole story but I understood when under tons of pressure from the people you care about you go through with it because I believed they were right. They loved me and only wanted what was best for me. It went bad for me because the month after the operation (to the day) the man I loved killed himself after comming home from Iraq... cancer claimed an aunt, an uncle, and my grandfather in the next few weeks. I was left alone at school without the means or resources for support.

I slipped up badly, along with all the emotional pain I was in, the physical aspect of the band being in my body was a little more than I could take. I admit to eating wrong and with my grief I dank too much. When I realized I was starting to have a problem I stopped drinking. That was a wasted month and a half. I got back on the diet so I could find what you call the sweet spot.

after monthes of never finding the 'sweet spot' for a fill and nausea being too much I had the band unfilled, that is why I gained weight. That solved the nausea but not the physical pain and discomfort of the band it's self caused.

I never got my energy back either, whether or not that was just because of the surgery or a combination of depression and surgery the doctors nor I can tell. I never said it wasn't my fault, I was frustrated that it was so hard to correct, once done. I am scared I have/am doing damage to my stomach and had x-rays taken but the doctor here said he could see no slippage or damage. But with the severl months of out eating and drinking the band I am not confidant on a simple x-ray. I am currently trying to get better scans and test beyond an x-ray because I am scared of what I've done to myself while I was working agaisnt the band.

I do want it out, the first post I made here was one of relief that someone had a semi-similar experiance of allowing themselves to being talked into it. I admit I was a little gungho with the exclamations and capitalization.

This was the first place I had found that had people on it that spoke of removal let alone had a separate place for people that wanted removal or had removal. I'm sadden I was attacked by people who didn't even bother to understand me, I understand why the origianl poster never came back to explain. You were very harsh.

I have come back to explain my position, am I wrong to do so?

I am happy for those that have had success. If you have had support through it you may not beable to comment on me with accuracy, but if you've been doing this alone without propper support, like I have, I admit; you are stronger than I.

You put sad girl in a vunerable postition, you doctor is telling you this is the best way, your family is telling you this is your only chance, your friends are telling you this is the best thing. But no one asks you if you are ready for something like this. They look at it as a thing that will'force' you to take better care of yourself...nor do they support you when your BF kills himself and three family close memebers die ALL in the same month. They tell you about the dangers of slippage, but not about the gas, the strange full but still hungry feeling after you've eaten when the lower part of your stomach still growls after you've filled the upper pouch, on the constant pain by the port that feels like you are continually being poked by a pool stick.

do you realize you make criticizms on people without asking the right questions?

I was and am still severly depressed, and have been trying to correct everything I've been doing wrong...this doctor as new at the procedure and has since apologised for not giving me other options...but he doesn't remove them. I have been going to curves three days a week for two years.

but you didn't ask that did you?

Thats called lazy! Curves never even made me break a sweat...You want to lose weight...but you dont want to be uncomfortable....thats sad

At 5'3" and nearly 300lbs any movment is uncomfortable. And yes curves makes me sweat, I am not proud of this fact that it takes so little to wind me. Why would you, again, want to post just to be cruel to someone who is just trying to be honest?

wjbuv: My post was not directed at you - only at the original post!

You sound as if you are completely at odds with your band. I doubt if you can expect to be successful if you resent having the band.

I have battled depression for many years. I was holed up in my house, watching TV all day and eating and feeling sorry for myself. One of my neighbors recognized that I was that depressed and she insisted that I go to Curves with her one day. I resisted for a week or so until she promised me that we'd go to lunch afterwards. I didn't even have any work out clothes.

That was the beginning of getting me back in the world of the living. I went for a check up, got put on blood pressure and cholesterol medications and he put me on an anti-depressant because he observed my depression, not because I asked for it.

As for the control issues you're facing, make no mistake, YOU are in control of what happens to your body. NOT THE BAND. At best, the band is simply a tool that you can work with for weight loss success. Or at its' worst, the band is an encumbrance to your long-time confortable way of eating and it is making you depressed because the band wants you to give up that careless lifestyle and quit eating so much food.

Yeah, the band makes you uncomfortable, you have gas, you have bloating, and you have pain if you don't eat FOR the band instead of against it. That's really the point of having the band.

If you have actual depression (not just that you've hit a low spot for a short period of time), you probably need some kind of chemical for the depression and some kind of psychologist-type therapy.

You can't be expected to pull yourself out of it when it is something that is biological and/or chemical causing an imbalance in your brain.

I hope you will seek help and get somebody who is really good at recognizing depression and knows what to do to help you. I would consider keeping the band, if I were you, until I got the depression straighted out. But if you absolutely HATE having the band, by all means have it removed. Just think long and hard about who you are and where you'll be if you give up on it.

You are certainly not the first person, and won't be the last, who was unhappy with the performance of the band and disappointed in how they feel with the band. But you ARE in control of everything in your life... IF you choose to be.

It's easy to feel like a victim! That's one reason why people here have little patience with someone who blames the band for how they feel. We've learned that if we want health and a slimmer body, it's up to us, not the band. We know that if we don't want gas, bloating, bulging port and all the rest, we have to stop eating so much and we have to start moving more.

Good luck to you in your decision making. It is all up to you. Whether its' keep the band, or get rid of the band, get control of your life. You're the only one who can. :thumbup: