Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My breath is kickin like chicken.

I know this is a side effect of the ketosis but LORD HAVE MERCY. Never had it this bad when I was on Adkins. Does this go away? Soon?

Any ideas on how to mask this other than brushing and listerine every 30 minutes?

Premiere Protein Shakes make my breath nasty and mouth dry no matter how many times I brush or chew gum or mints. It's ridiculous.

keep a breath spray close at hand. I think it does eventually level out, once we add in a few more veggies. But I keep a breath spray in my pocket. Every day. I get them at the dollar store, since I use them so often. I don't recommend chewing gum btw. It would suck to accidentally swallow a piece of gum, ya know?

It is awful at times, but remember that this is a sign that you are burning fat. For the first 6 moths or so, whenever I would stall my breath would get better. Then I would wake up one morning with that awful taste in my mouth and it actually made me happy because I knew the stall was over and I was going to start losing again.

Embrace your bad breath! It should be a t-shirt slogan! (And like the others said, use breath spray. It helps a lot!)

@@Tssiemer1 I have been drinking Premier shakes too but I didn't notice the breath before the surgery.

@@wannaBthinsoon Good call on the breath spray. Need to def pick some up.

@@chuck415

I do Listerine breath strips. They melt on your tongue. Easy to put in the front pocket of my jeans. I have washed my jeans with them in my pocket and now my laundry is minty fresh. Not recommending washing them :P

Listerene breath strips in the pocket at all times.

Ketosis breath sucks.

it does get better... I promise. The strips made me gag and sugar free gum did not work for me. I used Altoids - the really small one....

Also - watch out if you tongue scrape. I ended up doing some damage since I did it too often.....

I only had this problem once after surgery and it was terrible. Turns out I had oral thrush really bad. Check your tongue... is it coated with a white film? If so, you may want to go to the Dr. for meds. Otherwise, I suppose it's just a bad side effect of the surgery. Good luck!