Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oct 19th 2015 sleevers check in. how ya doing?

Hey there my fellow Oct 19th sleevers. how are you all doing? I am doing good. My sleeve must be pretty small. If i eat more than three bites of anything -well up it comes. So I am trying to be very mindful and pay attention to that. I don't necessarily feel full-but that one extra bite and blahhhh--uncomfortable then just up comes the last bite i took. Not so great when you are at work eating lunch. Everyone thinks I am sick. or pregnant! ha no way -tied that jump rope up a longgg time ago. Still trying to get on track with my Vitamins. I miss some here and there. Went back to work two weeks after the operation. Would have went back sooner but I had internal bleeding and had to have another surgery after about 4 hours of being in recovery. So yeah a little set back. incisions are healing up nicely. Just one is still a little tender. So how are you all doing?? Big hugs!!!

I am doing well but I do have issues with being hungry very quickly after eating even though I can't eat much. It is almost as though I am going from desperately full to desperately hungry. I am getting all my fluids and Proteins and have lost 20 lbs since I started. I don't know if anyone else is experiencing the same thing or not but it is a little frustrating. I don't regret the surgery at all I am just trying to get used to my new appetite.

I'm doing well. Minor set backs I would say are due to my not chewing the food enough, slowing down when I eat,I still have the "eyes are bigger than my stomach " mentality. I make sure to eat off small plates. I have a hard time remembering not to drink while eating.

I had a dumping experience , sorry if that's TMI. Thank God I was home!

I still have sore ribs on the left.

I started the treadmill and squats last week.

I have lost a total of 18 lbs since the surgery. Dr said that's good.

Miss crunchy food, everything is mushy to me right now.

I agree totally with you on my eyes are bigger than my stomach and with missing crunchy foods. I am still eating far too fast and regretting it later. One of the weird things that is happening is that when I drink my Protein Shake, I get sick towards the end of it everything and I usually have to lie down for 30 min just to get my bearings back. I bought a recumbent bike and have been riding it as much as possible although I still don't have the energy I used to and I hope that returns.

Yep, I get that too. I have changed Protein drink brands a few times, some are too thick. I am wondering if the sugar free things i am choosing to ingest have too much sugar alcohols. I am gassy all the time.

Someone told me I maybe introducing too many different types of new food items.

My doc is ok with eating pretty much anything - minus the sugar, butter and high carbs foods, he recommends to eat the Proteins first then if i want or have room for vegi.

I have had this dumping for 2 days now. I am thinking it is related to this New whey Protein shake its no sugar- high Protein but goes right through me.

Anyway ---- food is becoming no fun right now....

I still feel tired as well. I keep thinking its the combonation of time change-diet change-no caffine/sugar - and the surgery

are you taking your B12 and Vitamins?

Yes I am taking my B12. The weird thing is that about 2 weeks post on, I got a sore on the side of my lip and my lips were burning badly for about a week and a half and I did a search on Google and read that it could be from a b12 deficiency and I realized that I had been forgetting to take my b12 because it had to be refrigerated so now I take it religiously. I agree with you that food is not fun right now. The worst thing for me is that I get full very fast and hungry just as quickly. It seems like everything I do is centered on food and it wasn't that way before. Don't get me wrong, I do not regret this surgery especially if it really helps me lose all the weight I want but it is definitely a huge huge thing to get adjusted to. It is nice to know that I am not the only one who feels this way because sometimes I read these posts and it seems like everyone is loving their new tummy and having tons of energy etc.. Etc.. Lol but I know that just an aspect of my self doubt feeling like I am different than everyone and that this is not going to work for me like it does for others. I don't know if that made any sense at all but sometimes I have self defeating thoughts lol and it is nice to find out that I am right about where everyone else who had their surgery near my date is. Yea as far as the Protein Shakes only like the Isopure low carb 100% whey Dutch chocolate with 2% milk. I should probably try some others because I get so icky by the end of the shake and it is not getting better. I thought maybe it would get better if I tried drinking slower or not as much but it just isn't. I haven't really eaten anything else that has bothered me but I stick to mainly chicken, meatloaf, cheese, lots of eggs, and Soups so far

I am glad we have had a chance to chat. I was feeling the same. No regrets , just having issues with the learning curve. There are times I can't believe I'm hungry . I am going back to basics, yogurt and introduce things slower.

Lets keep in touch I think we can help talk each other through this

tropical37@gmail.com

Absolutely reagan.caldwell89@gmail.com

Hi you guys.. sorry I posted this and then got slammed at work. sounds like you are both doing well. I just had my month out phone call with my nutritionist . She said to try and get more Water in. Also to make sure I am eating my Protein first. I am so happy she said I could start taking Vitamins that are not chewable. the Multivitamins make me want to vomit. I have had some dumping as well. I had to learn that when I think I can eat one more bite that I CANT. I had to keep a roll of paper towels in my car just in case. Finally have that under control. I can only eat about 1/2 cup and sometimes not that. I dont try to push it. Good news is I have leftovers from lunch that last a couple of days. I feel better than I have in a long time. My incisions are still a bit sore and I feel them when I am exercising. I started back to jazzercise this week. and have had to slow down a bit and just march in place.

thanks for checking in. Love to hear how everyone is doing. wishing you both well!!!