Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Insurance mandated diet

Does anyone know what the insurance companies are looking for when the PCP has to submit the 6 month diet stuff? My PCP is so....unorganized. I started with him and I had already been being weighed so I figured I'd finish it out with him, but I have a feeling he hasn't been charting what he needs to. Anyone know what they're looking for or what the doctor needs to chart?

My doctor has a form to fill out. It lists my weight, progress, goals, and things we discuss. It is super quick and simple to do. My doctor said they are just wanting to make sure you are motivated and trying to make lifestyle changes.

Every time I go he discusses me losing weight, and I'm willing to bet he doesn't chart it ???? I realized how unorganized they were when he switched offices and they couldn't call his patients to tell them because they didn't have formal bookkeeping of the patient's phone numbers. !!!!

I have three months down. I don't want to start over!

And I'm SO switching PCPs once I complete this 6 months!

That sounds terrible. Maybe you can ask for a progress report or a copy of the notes for your own records so you don't end up having to do it all over again if they aren't charting correctly. They give me a copy of what my doctor fills out at the end of each visit so I can follow our goal plan.

It's such a mess! He switched offices, so the other day I filled out a record release to go get a copy so I can see what he's been writing, and they have over 200 forms to do and said it won't be available for a couple of weeks! Ugh. Such a mess. :(

My PCP is also disorganized and you can barely read his hand writing. Whenever I would see him I made it clear the surgeon and insurance want to see in my notes my weight and regimen but I have a feeling he is not writing much.

Thankfully the surgeon provided some notes with all that stuff so what I did was held onto the packet and filled out my weight at every visit with the regimen I was doing so that at the end of the 6 months all he had to do was sign it and fax it over..which he did. Disorganized people are very happy when you do their work for them ????

I'm going to have to do something! Maybe I can make my own forms and fill them out and then have him sign them. I'll just be honest and say what was discussed in the past visits. Would you be able to post a picture of a blank form, just so I can see what kind of info it has on it?

I received a form from my insurance company. You can call them and ask if they have a bariatric Coordinator if they do there might be a form that your insurance can send you

I'm going to have to do something! Maybe I can make my own forms and fill them out and then have him sign them. I'll just be honest and say what was discussed in the past visits. Would you be able to post a picture of a blank form, just so I can see what kind of info it has on it?

He has the form...and yes the insurance company also has them.