Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 3-4 post op gained a pound ARRRG

Week three and i went from thinking i hit a plateau to gaining a pound.

Is this normal? My bowels are moving ok.

I'm freaking out. Considering I've gained weight on every diet I've ever been on in my life I just don't know what i'm doing wrong

My appetite has improved and am eating my soft foods well and crunchy crackers are ok too so have been eating rye crackers which are keeping my bowels in good shape.

I would relax. You may be at your first mini-stall (I speak to you today from a very long and frustrating one). Water retention could very well be a factor, especially if you had some carbs during your meal. That would cause your liver to store up to three pounds worth of glycogen. So, you may have lost two pounds of fat, but gained three in glycogen storage, totaling a gain of one pound. Those three stored pounds are the first to come off if you work out. This is why I only weigh myself after workouts...so that the amount of glycogen stored doesn't depend on what I've eaten, which is hard to standardize even when counting very meticulously.

Stop. Stop. Stop. It is entirely normal for anyone's weight to fluctuate a couple pounds day to day, repeat, anyone - no matter whether that someone is trying to lose, maintain, or gain. Do not put yourself through this!

If you are eating more carbs (from the crackers) than you had been, then yes, you are putting glycogen back into your muscles and your liver. Glycogen is muscle sugar - fuel. For every ounce of glycogen you put back into storage, you also put back four ounces of Water. Glycogen is NOT FAT - and what you are trying to lose is fat, not fuel.

Glycogen is not fat.

Water is not fat.

EVERYONE has a pound or two that goes up and down, depending on various factors that have absolutely no bearing on overall fat loss, OK? Now go follow your program, go take a walk, but stop beating yourself up over this.

I would eliminate the crackers from your diet. Sounds like you are doing well, and it's normal for your weight to fluctuate. I wouldn't wig out about it. Keep track of what your eating and discuss it with your NUT.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches