Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day before surgery 11/9/2015

So tomorrow is my surgery. I'm beyond nervous. Never had any kind of surgery and never had to be put under or stay overnight in a hospital. Everything has gone so quickly. My initial appointment was with my surgeon back in August. I have United Healthcare and thought that the 6 mos of supervised weight counseling would be necessary.....it wasn't so I was approved on my first try to the insurance company. Things at home are falling apart and I'm just praying that mentally ill be good through tomorrow. I have to be at the surgery center for 7:30. Today is all clear fluids. Not too too bad. I have a minor hunger headache but pushing through. I'm planning on going bowling with friends later tonite so hopefully that will further keep me occupied from focusing on the hunger. Hoping that I will be doing well enough to take care of myself once I come home Tuesday. I'm really getting anxious thinking about the anesthesia.

I had bypass, but it was my first surgery ever too. All went well and recovery was extremely easy. Nerves are normal. You'll be fine!

Hi! I had my surgery on 11/10. I hope your surgery went well! I was doing well until the night before surgery when I took my last sip of Water. I thought "What the hell am I doing to myself?!" I was nervous but on the way to the hospital I got a sense of calm that came over me. My surgery went well. I had a rough first night that gave me the 'buyers remorse' that people talk about, but once I got the pain and nausea under control I never looked back. Morphine made my first night miserable but soon I was feeling good. I hope you're feeling good too! Our sleeve dates are so close together. Er should compare notes and give tips and tricks to each other. ???? I am 25 from Chicago.

Edited by Jenyes

Hey Jane. I'm hanging in there. One of my incisions was aching me earlier this week. I think I over did it when I went grocery shopping. Still at home all day every day until I can safely lift 50 lbs or more (job requirements). Still going through a break up which seems like complete mental torture living with someone everyday and them telling you they are leaving to move back to their home town and just sitting and waiting for the physical moving to begin. I'm ready to go back to work just to have some daily interaction with people again.

I have no family here where I live at so the holidays are going to be difficult. She is even taking the damn dog. Lol. But I know that this is something that needs to happen. This is my journey to travel and in the back of my mind I sort of felt that after this surgery we would probably finally part ways because she's jealous like that. I just didn't see God letting it happen this soon. So I will continue trying to take it one single moment of a day at a time until this is over and done with.

I have had a few moments where I've thought to myself why did I have this surgery? Or felt like I regret it. But I know in 3, 6 even 12 months this will be the best decision of my life. The constant stomach gurgling is a little off putting. I wonder if that will ever go away. I've read that that never really completely subside. Ugh

@@BranMo103 - sorry to hear about the break up (esp the dog leaving - WTF?) but if she cant deal... then its better for you if she goes now. Get out of the house - walk, ride a bike, etc... Don't sit in the house waiting for her to leave, not cool :/

I have same req for work and had surgery on a Wed and went back to work the Monday following. I tried to not lift anything too heavy but forgot a couple of times and felt it so be careful when you do go back.

Focus on YOU and getting everything you need to kick this tool into gear. The gurgling I noticed more when I was still on liquid or puree diet.

You are doing great -28lbs already!

My HW was 282 and I am thrilled to be looking at 10/12 jeans that are in my closet - enjoy the ride ~