Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting banded

:DWell I am getting banded on Sept 10, Dr. Gayland Sims in Waco Texas. Yep it is down to waiting now I think my nerves will kick in the closer I get to my date. Seen my Doc. yesterday and told her I watched the video that was sent in to the forum by another member and I thought it was very interesting to watch, came un nerved during the sututing of the band to the stomach it was like ouch I acn feel taht by watching it. She asked me if it might have made me change my mind and I said no becasue after viewing both videos it made me feel a lot better as to how things will be done as long as no one slips up and well I have all the confidence in the world with Dr. Sims after all he has our lives in his hands and we cannot control nothing once we are in la la land twilight sleep. Wonder how they sedate you anyway? i mean to they run the sodium penethol through the IV or is it something different now. I alway was put under with that stuff, smalled like onions and garlic and then zoom your out like a light. well anyway just wanted to post this. have a great day and good luck to everyone. Sharon:clap2:

Congratulations Sharon on your upcoming date. I just received my date of September 27th! YEAH. I'm so excited. No nerves....yet!

~Carolyn

Hey, I am going with Dr. Sims in Waco also! I was scheduled for Aug. 27, but due to insurance redtape, have been pushed back to end of Nov. Dec. sometime! Oh Well... I am eager to see how you do with the recovery and scarring. You know that Melissa at the Dr. office had the band the day after labor day. I have not talked to her yet to see how she is doing... but I hope it is well.

Hi Just got your e-mail,,,yes Melissa did have her surgery and she was back to work when I went in on Sept 5 for my pre op testing, she said it was a walk in the park for her well I will let you know how it was for me after I get home. The only testing I had done was just Lab work there werer no Xrays or other test for me but my BMI was a lot less than yours but I don't know if that matters or not. Today was my worst I was hungry all day and I am a type 2 diabetic and this was against all the rules my sugar ran low all day and I don't like that feeling. I was weighed in and then I was measured. I lost about 30 pounds on my own so that is a plus for me. Melissa said I will do just fine so I am holding her to those words. I will let you know how it all went for me. Good luck with your's.

Sharon

sharrroc@aol.com

Hey I was banded yesterday by Dr. Sim's in Waco, TX I had surgery at 7:30AM and I was in recovery around 9:00AM and went to my room at providence around 9:30AM. I never knew what hit me once in surgery. However I can say that I really hurt today and my stomach is just growling big time too! But I only desire the liquid diet at the moment. I did find out that if your not having the gastric bypass then things at the hospital are different than it states in the Patient Manual at least it was for me. I was really disappointed. The 4th floor is not just for Bariatric/Lap Band patients it is for all having surgery. Whe you have the foot pumps on well good luck when having to get them off to go to the bathroom. I was not able to bed forward so I had to wait on someone to come and help me and well after an hour of waiting last night to go to the bathroom and yes the dam was ready to break someone finally came in to help me. I was told if you had bariatric surgery not the lap band then you get 2 nurses and 2 assistants per patient if you had the lap band you get who ever you can get. Now Dr. Sims was vary nice and professional I seen him 3 times before going home. He seems to be a very nice person and I was glad to have had him as my Dr. I cannot wait for my first fill. I passed the fast food resturant test this evening while waiting for my perscription at be filled at Walmart my hubby and I went and sat down in McDonalds he ate a fish sandwich and I just sat there, trust me I had no desire to eat it much less smell it. Well good luck with your up coming surgery.

Sharon

Well I am glad you had your surgery. I am sorry to hear that your experience was not all that is should/could have been. I suppose I will see what it is like here in a couple of months when I get mine done by Dr Sims.

Congrats on your first "test"!

Sharon,

I was banded on the 10th as well. I was never so glad to get out of the hospital. There was a poor nursing student who had to change one of my bandages before I left and it took her 30 minutes. I know she was a student so I really couldn't let it bother me, but at the same time I was so ready to get home!! So far the only cravings for food I get are mental. I know I really couldn't eat anything, but I would like a good hamburger. I am glad I live by myself. It would be tempting for me to take a bite of my husbands burger. Hope all continues to go well.

Elizabeth.:clap2: