Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My sleeve is still mad at me from 2 hours ago

I had one chicken nugget for lunch almost 2 hours ago. ONE chicken nugget and my sleeve is still very upset with me. I know it's different for everyone but I'm just curious what other kinds of foods didn't sit well with you even when you're cleared for solid foods? I've had no trouble at all with most other meat so I'm guessing it was the breading on the nugget. Or maybe the fact that it came from Burger King (don't hate, I had a mini crisis at home this morning and had no time to prepare a lunch for the day).

Steamed cauliflower caused me the greatest amount of pain. I had to wait until I was three months out before I tried it again. Even being nearly two years out, bread and Pasta still sit in my stomach like play-doh, and Miss Tummy will see to it that I am miserable for hours.

I can't do a lot of meats. I can do fish and chicken if eaten really slowly in very small bites. Pulled pork or pulled beef has made me run to the bathroom twice now, on diff occasions and made me very ill. I just can't do beef in general. I don't do breads of any kind cause they just sit like a rock.

Everything is actually fine for me, and I haven't been to fast food yet (don't plan to), but I find that higher Fiber stuff gets me nauseated and causes stacking. I can even tolerate pizza pretty well, but I am steering clear of it as much as I can after giving it a shot last month just out of curiosity. But carbs of any kind fill me up quickly and make me feel like I have ballooned. Fat doesn't do that at all. I just simply can't eat enough anymore to generate a true food coma. And I'm proud of that.

Early on, I had trouble with tuna. Sleeved loved salmon, though.

Don't worry -- chicken McNuggets isn't the worst thing in the world to avoid. And you'll be able to eat it later. That's how it works -- it may not go down well the first time, so avoid it for a few weeks and try it again.

:)

I am nervous to try new things because it seems I have a very picky sleeve and nausea comes easy for me. Eating is pretty much an experiment these days. I don't know until I've tried how bad it might make me feel. Hopefully it won't be so touch-and-go in the months to come.

I love love love tuna, it was a huge part of my pre surgery life. Sadly it makes me feel so ill now. I can eat almost any other meat just fine. Kinda sad but will continue to try and introduce it back in every month or so.