Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did the doctor even perform the surgery?!?!

I seriously feel like he did not. It's been 12 days, I'm already in a stall, I am never satisfied, I can eat more than 4oz (but I don't), I am always hungry, and I am never full! I am so disappointed.

What are you eating/drinking?

What stage are you on? All liquids, purees, soft foods?

Are you on a PPI? What dosage?

I would put the scale away for the first month. You are still swollen inside and may even be retaining fluids from the IV's and pain meds you were on.

step away

@@OctoberRust127 == feeling like the victim of fraud is pretty common. @@BLERDgirl is correct. Your body was, in effect, severely injured. Follow doctor's instructions and everything will fall into place.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

Exact same thought crossed my mind shortly after surgery. I was hungry a lot and I would follow my instructions but it never seemed like it was working right. I was scared that it didn't work for me. But it did, and it got better. Keep following the plan and it will fall into place. As for the stall, pay no mind. It picks up and next thing you know, you're down 25lbs. Stay away from the scale. It's hard, and everyone will tell you not to weigh yourself too often right now. If you do weigh yourself, be prepared for anything. Could be 0 change, a few pounds gained or lost, but it will work!

Are you actually hungry, or do you just want to eat? When you feel hungry try eating a popsicle or Jello. Your mouth might just need to play with something.

I agree with putting away the scale. It's not about the numbers. It's about getting healthy. I don't even own a scale. I just get weighed at the doctors office.

You're 12 days out, just in time for your first stall we all had (dreaded 3 week stall). Totally normal.

Never satisfied, make sure you're taking a PPI for stomach acid or just not experiencing head hunger. Both mimic real hunger. Totally normal.

Can eat 4 Oz of food because your nerves have been cut in your tummy, and your "full" sensation is probably skewed because of that. Also, once you start healing and eating honest to goodness real food, you will feel more restriction. Also totally normal.

Just breath. You've got a long road ahead of you, and if you're ready to throw in the towel at only 12 days out, well I'm afraid you're going to struggle. Just know that all the fear, frustration and everything else you're going through is normal and is only temporary. Then it will be onto the next stage and different challenges.

Are you actually hungry, or do you just want to eat? When you feel hungry try eating a popsicle or Jello. Your mouth might just need to play with something.

I agree with putting away the scale. It's not about the numbers. It's about getting healthy. I don't even own a scale. I just get weighed at the doctors office.

Yep! The Popsicles and Jello were my heroes! You can have as much of that as you want. Quick enough, you'll be sick of them.

I had surgery on 10/9. I'm still struggling with what feels like "full/sated" vs eating/drinking enough to not be starving myself. Sometimes I feel the restriction, sometimes not. I think it's pretty common in the first month. As for stalls and weight fluctuations, yeah.. they're real. I've been hovering around this same weight for about a week or two now. I even told my wife I thought I broke my stomach because I couldn't feel a restriction.. until I tried something that felt like it scraped the walls of my sleeve going all the way down. ouch!

I think a healthy dose of patience is the key. We are having to relearn what it means to eat all the way around, from taste to digestion. It's not going to happen overnight as we know. I have to keep reminding myself of this, too. Like the old cliche saying goes "Keep working the plan. It works.. if you work it"... ^_^