Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 appointments scheduled for tomorrow!

I'm doing a pulmonary function test, psych evaluation, cardiac clearance and the drug testing tomorrow! Next Wednesday will be my scope, and than November 30th will be my last weigh in! I'm excited I want November to be over with than hopefully I'm looking at a December surgery date!! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

How did they go?

Good luck, I always feel for people that are going through pre-op in the 4th quarter of the year. That means reining things in through Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. That will help you develop extreme willpower. My pre-op was in the summer, when light eating is the way to go anyhow.

Wow that is a lot of appointments for one day. Hope everything went well and you get your surgery date. What was the pulmonary function test like?

My last weigh in is Nov 23rd. They wanted to submit my paperwork that day but unfortunately I can't get my pulmonary function test until Nov 25th. I have the cardiac testing set for next Thursday. I am hoping that will be the EKG and whatever else the cardiac Dr has to check me for. My insurance is extremely slow and the Pulmonary Office is slow too. I was hoping for early Jan for my surgery but at this rate it is looking more like late Jan. To be done with my weigh in Nov 21st and not have surgery until late January is a long time for me to go without weigh ins. I am afraid of the holidays coming up and the temptations and that I will splurge and gain weight. I don't have to be at a certain weight for surgery, but I was trying to get as close to 300 as I could.

I am hoping you get your surgery in December so you can begin this new life. I wish I would have my date all ready at least that might give me something to look forward to instead of not even knowing if I will be approved.

The appointments went well, I may have sleep Apnea. :(. The pulmonary function test went fine, they just had my breathe in a machine a few times, than gave me albuterol, rest for 10 mins, than have me redo the machine again. I'm almost out of paid days off this year, so I was trying to minimize my time off. I was thinking to push my surgery until January but at this point the sooner the better. I think that I'm in denial over being depressed. And my weight has so much to do with it.

Edited by FayBee

The appointments went well, I may have sleep Apnea. :(. The pulmonary function test went fine, they just had my breathe in a machine a few times, than gave me albuterol, rest for 10 mins, than have me redo the machine again. I'm almost out of paid days off this year, so I was trying to minimize my time off. I was thinking to push my surgery until January but at this point the sooner the better. I think that I'm in denial over being depressed. And my weight has so much to do with it.

Glad that things went well. I too am depressed because of my weight. too bad that isn't a co-morbidity for insurance :(

Thanks for the info on the breathing test. I have mine on the 25th. Tomorrow I see the cardiologist for clearance, hopefully. My surgery hasn't been scheduled yet but the Dr is looking at some time in Jan. The 23rd of this month is my last supervised diet visit.

I had my EGD this morning! Everything went great, I took a little nap, ;). That's all it felt like. Still a little drowsy from it but that's all. I think all I have left is a stress test and my last weigh in on Nov 30th and than everything should be submitted to my insurance company. I'm excited!