Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hoping for a December Sleeve - Merry Christmas to me

I'm 48 and have been overweight/obese most of my adult life. I was considering band until I attended a WLS seminar in July. Then I changed my mind to gastric sleeve - it made more sense for me.

Since then, I've had bloodwork, group dietician meeting, full history with the resident doc, 2 one-on-ones with NUT, upper GI, abdominal ultrasound and met with psychologist once so far.

My abdominal ultrasound found cysts in my right kidney so surgeon referred me back to my PCP for follow-up. PCP ordered an ultrasound of both kidneys. Voila, cysts on both kidneys.

No I get to go see a urologist on Tuesday, do some testing for the psych doc and see him again on Thursday.

Next week is cardiac clearance and the day before Thanksgiving is last NUT appt.

Everything is falling into place except for these kidney cysts. Radiologist is throwing around the term PKD, which scares me.

I have no known family history, kidney function is normal and have no pain. Worried about what urologist will tell me. Scared it will derail everything I've done to date. If it is PKD, devastated is the only word that comes to mind.

Fingers crossed...

What a great Christmas present to give yourself...

Congratulations on your decision and progress...

Like you, I went into my information session thinking Band and came out knowing that Sleeve was the right way to go...

Best decision I've EVER made!!!

Good luck with your kidney cysts...

I hope everything works out for you...

Thank you KindaFamiliar.

Update. Doc ordered a CT with contrast on kidneys. Scheduled for tomorrow morning. Results on Friday.

Update: kidney cysts are ok. I have some 2mm kidney stones though. Did a 24-hour urine collection two days in a route to find out why I'm making stones. Have results but don't know how to interpret. See urologist tomorrow morning for his interpretation.

Got cardiac clearance. Will not need IVC filter - YAY!

Finished NUT appts last Wednesday. Got final report from psych. Everything was submitted to UHC for approval (probably on Black Friday since docs office was open).

Patient Navigator says UHC takes 1-2 weeks before they approve/deny.

Edited by drichmond67

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches