Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kentucky, "who's your Doctor"

Hey Guys!

I'm a brand new "Bander",11/19/07. I have lost 35 lbs since the start of the process and feel great!

I have Blue cross Blue shield and also went through Dr Osofka's group at St. Mary. To date, everything has been paid for except a 100.00 deuctible! Also,even at the seminar it is mentioned that BC/BS coverage will grt sort of expedited treatment.

If you have BC/BS I would at least look into it.

Hope this helps!!

This is so good to hear, I have my first appointment with Dr. Schuster on Jan.11/08 Can you tell me how long it took from the time you submitted to approval? Congrats on your loss that is wonderful:clap2:

Finally, finally, finally I am approved. Now what happens?? I have an appointment with my doctor scheduled, but what will happen at the appointment?? Am I going to have to have additional test?? How long b4 they will schedule surgery?? How long will I need to wait to return to work?? How often will I need to see the doctor after surgery??? YEAAAA, I'm approved!

PA

Congrats :eek: please keep us posted.

I had my surgery done in Mexico with Dr Corvala through an “intermediary” (who is giving me free airfare for my post bariatric cosmetic surgery in either Costa Rica or Panama). So far in the past month I have lost 25lbs. Still have loads to go, but I am plugging along.

Anyhow, the “intermediary” has been approached by a television news show that wants to do a story about a patient going abroad for this surgery. I want to help them out but I do not want to risk TV exposure because I am hiding from an ex but I told them I would see if any of my friends or family want to do it but they are being slow in their decision so anyone on this forum from the Louisville area that would be interested in a discounted lap band surgery and is willing to be on TV get in touch with me and let me send you more details. You need to be able to leave in the next two weeks.

It is a great opportunity for someone who cannot afford this in the US.

:eyebrows:

I wanted to add that my procedure cost $7250 plus air fare. I also had a great case manager who was and still is very encouraging and absolutely made all the arrangements for me. They even helped to get me financed. I have so started my new life, and new years off wonderfully.

If you want further info on this company and/or doctor, message or email me. I would love to help.

Good luck to all. Laurie

Hi Everyone--

I was banded on 11-13-07 by Dr. Lusco at St. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital in Louisville. I can't say enough positive things about that group--the doctors, the girls in the bariatric office at the hospital, and Kirk Evans and Lin with the exercise program. I've lost 47 lbs so far including the 7 day pre-op diet. I'm working out 3 days a week at the hospital and the other days at home. I go for my 2nd adjustment on Monday, 1-21-08. My insurance would not pay for the surgery so I paid for it myself, and it was worth every penny. I would do it over again in a heartbeat. It's amazing how much better I feel in such a short time. I hope everyone else is doing well also!!

Hello Bandchick64 welcome to the forum. Wow! 47 pounds already *Great Job* I just completed my sleep study at St. Mary Hospital the results are going to my Doc (Dr. Schuster) On Monday. I just hope now we can get a date set.

Keep doing a good job you are going to be a skinny minnie before you know it at the pace you are going.

Cathy

Ktravel, I am scheduled to see my surgeon on 2/27 hopefully to be scheduled for surgery. I have been approved by Humana (finally) so I am anxious to get this done.

Bandchick, 47 lbs is wonderful and I am anxious to start this process. How long were you off from work and what additional test did you have to have completed other than the sleep study, evaluations, and other test required prior to submitting the request to the insurance? I'm trying to monitor my days off from work to ensure I have time off for surgery and additional doctors visits. Congradulations on the loss.

Hi Everyone--

I was banded on 11-13-07 by Dr. Lusco at St. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital in Louisville. I can't say enough positive things about that group--the doctors, the girls in the bariatric office at the hospital, and Kirk Evans and Lin with the exercise program. I've lost 47 lbs so far including the 7 day pre-op diet. I'm working out 3 days a week at the hospital and the other days at home. I go for my 2nd adjustment on Monday, 1-21-08. My insurance would not pay for the surgery so I paid for it myself, and it was worth every penny. I would do it over again in a heartbeat. It's amazing how much better I feel in such a short time. I hope everyone else is doing well also!!

I was banded on 12-19-7 by Dr Lusco! I also have to rave about his group It is a great program to get into. I also like the support group meetings. I go in for my first fill wednesday 1-23-8 I am a tad nervous It is with Floro I dont quite understand the difference but he said it would be better for me because I am larger and the port is deeper. So I am really excited.:girl_hug:

I have to say that St. Marys is a great place to have your band done if your near Louisville. I am in New Albany.

Hello,

So glad to find a Kentucky group!!!I have Humana State emplyee insurance.Does anyone know how long it takes for approval?

I have my 6mo. nutrtiional counseling done.I also have had my sleep study done and all the other prerequistites done .Now I'm just waiting on a letter from one of my doctors.

I have so many questions and I think I've come to the right place!!

jaunderwood

I am so glad I found this site too. It has all kinds of great information. I am still searching for a doc right now in the Louisville area because I live in Etown.

Shana,

Have you considered having your surgery in E-town?

I'm going to Dr. Kaza He's with Health Care Inovations .

Good to hear from a local.Ilive in Hodgenville

jaunderwood

hey jaunderwood, nice to meet you here. I did consider Kaza. Then I read on another site about a woman who had a bad experience with fills at his office. I dont know why but that scared me off I guess. I know that it could happen anywhere but I also know that he is new and all so that is why I am still looking. Thanks for the suggestion.

Helo Shana,

I too have considerd other docs. Where did you see the post about the bad experience . I talked to the office today and the nurse told me he has done 300 lap bands and 25 in Etown.They're going to submit to insurance next week. I have Humana insurance and they have told me they say yes or no in 48 hours. I sure hope that's correct.

Jaunderwood

hi again jaunderwood. I wasn't paying attention to your previous message and didnt realize how far along you were in the process. I probably should not have mentioned what I read on the other site. Good luck on your approval, I have heard the same thing on the timing. If you still want to know about the other site, I know it had obesity in the name, possibly obesitysurgery. I could look for it again (I saw it before Thanksgiving, and then hadnt been very actively researching during the holidays), if you want.