Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If my surgeon wouldn't say how much Fluid is in my band I'd have a REAL BIG problem with that. It is your band, your body and he works for YOU.

I agree. It's important to know that "X" cc's feels like this yet "Y" cc's feels like this...

I disagree with the doc.

I totally agree. I would call today and have the nurse look in your chart and tell you how much you have in your band. Y

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by faithmd viewpost.gif

Jacqui, I read your posts and think to myself, that's the attitude I want and the way I want to eat.<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<O:p<O:p</O:p

For me ... she is one of the most inspirational posters here.<O:p</O:p

<O:p</O:p

Besides all the "standard" reasons for choosing the band over other WLS options, my big thing is, I want to lose the weight at a steady, consistent rate. I want to train myself to eat healthy and exercise. I want this to be a permanent solution to my weight problems. <O:p</O:p

I don't want to lose 100lbs in 6 months and have that weird sickly look bypass people seem to get. I don't want to lose the weight by not making major changes to my eating habits - and in turn gain the weight back in a few years. I don’t want to live on a liquid diet. <O:p</O:p

I want to learn to eat like a “normal” person. I want to be healthy!! This attitude is a major departure from my past attempts to lose weight. Up until about 2 years ago, the only reason I ever wanted to lose weight, was to look better and I didn't care what I had to do to get there.<O:p</O:p

I'm hoping this change in my attitude and desire to improve my HEALTH will be the thing (besides the band :D ) that makes this weight lose effort different ... and effective. <O:p</O:p

(sorry – didn’t mean to go off on a tangent there – I’m feeling very emotional tonight – lol)<O:p</O:p<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Aw shucks guys, I'm glad I seem to be of some help.

Its just that that's what I wanted to take away from being banded. I wanted to weigh less, yes, but more than anything, I wanted to be free of that infernal obsession with food and dieting.

I feel weird that so much of what I believe goes against what so many of your doctors tell you, but I honestly feel that losing the focus on dieting is what has helped me to be successful. No food is evil, you dont have to get the perfect "balance" of carbs/proteins/fats every single day to be healthy, if you have a bit of a binge, eat poorly for a holiday, or even for an entire month, its never too late to go back to moderate everyday decisions on eating and exercise, that as long as you keep getting back on that wagon, and you manage to stay there 80% of the time you will be successful.

Its also really really easy for me to say that when perhaps I came from an easier starting point, lower BMI, I had a bit of a Portion Control problem but not a binge eating disorder or any other type of disorder, I've never had any mental or psychological problems, I grew up in a secure, loving environment, I just got a bit fat is all.

But I cant say enough that if you need to get obsessive, get obsessed with exercise. It grants you the freedom to eat like a real person and still lose weight.