Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh boy!! Here we go!

Welp, I'm back from my fill and I'm interested to see how it goes. :nervous He bumped me up from 2.4 to 2.9. :eek

I have lost exactly 50% of my beginning excess weight. That may not sound like much to some, but to me, it's been the difference in life and death, literally. The doc was very cool, saying 'isn't that just the neatest thing? that you can do that with this one little band?" He was just going on about what a neat thing that is. Then, he wished me luck on tackling the last 50%. I really hope this fill does the trick. I'm sooo not wanting to go through the reflux and trauma routine again. At least he's close. . I guess we'll know in the next day or so..

Gotta run exercise!

Way to go Leatha..I hope this fill works out for you. You have done such an incredible job so far..its nice to hear that your Dr. is so caring and complementive. You have a great attitude! Go Girl!

Leatha, that's huge news. I'm thrilled for you - beyond thrilled. I need a lot of work still, so I'm glad there's hope like you to look up to.

aaaaawwwwww! You wont be able to eat much in galveston.:)

I do wish you the best though.... you know I love ya!

:) Ya'll are just too sweet to me. Thanks.

Paula, it's okay if I can't eat much, really. Truthfully, this band takes a great weight off my shoulders (and my behind) when it's working right. I have a love/ hate relationship with food and something about being restricted well and not being able to overeat just takes so much guilt away from me.

I haven't lost anything to speak of, but they did my measurements at Curves this evening and I've still lost 9.25 inches since my last measurement!! So, I feel better about my stall now.

Thanks for all your support! I don't know where I'd be without all of you. :)

That's great news Leatha! I hope this one does the trick. I think I need to get another fill. I had a whole BLT for lunch. Do you think that's normal?

LOL, not for me it's not. I couldn't do the bread, the rest, maybe?

Just for kicks. I'm posting the 'cottage cheese test' recommended for gastric bypass patients to test their pouches for enlargement. Jessie recommends trying this on occasion to see if your pouch is still as small as it is meant to be. Since I just got a fill and wanted to check my restriction, I pulled out one of my little 4 oz cottage cheese's and tried it out. It's actually pretty cool that I can feel it sitting above my band and I don't think it would be a good idea to force anything else through there. :) This is good news for me. I know my pouch is in good shape. This is good.

http://pfamos.org/Test.htm

That is so coooooool that you have lost 50% of your goal. And now you know that you have been losing inches instead of pounds. With working out, you woman of steel, you have built your muscle mass. Muscle weighs more than fat and muscle is our fat fighting friend. I am so proud of you. (I worked in marketing at NordicTrack, I know all the facts about exercise, just don't practice it -- HA.) Leatha, keep up the good work. I am so happy for you for your excellent fill. Keep us posted on your success. Go Leatha, go Leatha, go Leatha, go Leatha.

Leatha, thanks for sharing the cottage cheese test. I'm one of those "show me" types, so that is a great test to know. Actually this fill will probably help you enjoy the weekend even more, because you know you won't be overeating, and feeling the guilt and crummy effects from that.

Leatha, you Rock!

Congratulations..Inches are way cool as we all know, and so many have said "clothes fit losser" it's not all in the weight.

I just noticed your short, I don't remember you being short in Vegas?

You have the best links and info! 5.5oz. I'm doing cottage cheese in the morning

I get my flouro fill on Thursday! yA.

Hi Leatha,

Glad ya got a fill. I have to say though when I saw you eat in Vegas, you didnt eat very much. (at least compared to me). I know you will get where you want to go!! Did Dr. V give you your fill?

Babs in TX

334/191/170