Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Friends

I am at two weeks post op and am just now getting to feel back to normal for at least half the day. Still a bit light headed and some aching in the stomach. Keeping up with the Clear liquids. Wife made me real chicken broth yesterday. So much better. Kids still have holloween candy all over and I still have no desire to even think about cheating.

Is it normal at 2 weeks to not be at 100%?

What foods are coming after my Clear Liquids?

How much excercise is normal at 2 weeks?

yes it is normal to feel like this at 2 weeks plus your body went through an extra ordeal..I do not know about your Dr...but I had 1 week of full liquids after Clear Liquids which is basically anthing that can go thorugh a straw, then it was mushy/soft food stage for 2 weeks for me..then week 6 I was onto solids. I did zero exercise at 2 weeks ,my Dr & nutritionalist told me not to start exercising until I was eating my 60 grams of Protein and was getting in enough calories, they did not want me to burn lean muscle mass from not enough Protein or pass out from not enough calories plus Iwanted to make sure I was 100% healed...I wanted my band and port to have set in place. You have plenty of time for exercise..right now it is all about healing properly. I had lightheadedness at the end of my first wek post op so I called the Dr and he told me to have a Protein shake and man what a difference that made..I was like New!

Best of Luck to you..glad to hear you are doing better..

After Clear Liquids, my doctor added cream Soups, scrambled eggs, puree some veggies. Each doctor is different though, so you really need to check with yours and not go by what someone else did.

I also had to start walking the day I got home from the hospital. Again, I am sure your doctor has his rules on this too. If you are in doubt, and can email your doctor they can send you some instructions. If not, I would give him a call.

I was off work a week, then went back to work but worked shorter days. Yes, I was a little light headed and sore. Each day will get better for you, but the walking really helps. Make sure you keep sipping Water too.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

It took me a couple of weeks to "turn the corner". On my first walk around only 1/3 of my block, a 90 year old on a walker could have knocked me over! Listen to your body, if it hurts, stop! Also, be sure you're drinking enough Water. Dehydration will make you very lightheaded, fatigued, dizzy, and give you headaches. So glad that you're home and healing!