Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

foods that don't work

I got a fill a few weeks ago. I sometimes have restriction, sometimes not. However, I get stuck all the time. I've read other people saying that junk food goes down easier than good food and though it was BS but I am having major problems with meat, chicken, fish, fruit, many veggies and starches like Pasta, potatoes and breads. I can however eat yogurt, ice cream, cheese and chocolate with abandone. Anyone else experience this?

I chew very well, take small bites and don't drink when I eat and I still get stuck. But by the end of the day, I'm starving since I've PB'd most anything solid I ate. So I fill my stomach with yogurt and ice cream, then I feel horrible. I don't think I'm too tight only because when I do get food in I can eat plenty before I'm full. It's very confusing. Any info would be appreciated.

You may be irritated from the PB ing, I had to go to liquids for a couple of days and take zantac to heal my stomach, the swelling is what makes you continue to pb and if you dont let it heal it will just get worse, or at least that was my experience. If it doesnt get better go to the doc, you may be too tight and it is not good to let that go on. A small unfill will do wonders and I havent regained any weight because I can eat good food instead of junk.

I understand what you mean. I can eat a taco from taco bell with no problem, but if I eat chicken or anything that is really healthy I get stuck. I have had to go to the restroom at a resturant and stick my finger in to get it to come up! I don't enjoy doing this but I can't just sit there and slime all over the place either.

I can eat popcorn and I have heard others say that it is really hard for bander to eat....well then what's going on with me?? LOL I can also eat scrambled eggs some days and other days I get stuck. Is anyone else having this problem? I have had 3 fills and have 2cc's in my 4cc band.

Good luck,

Debbie

I'm having this same problem right now. I can have only liquids in the am (which is fine because I drink a Protein shake). Then I can only eat very soft things at lunch. Later I can eat harder protein, but not until after 6 pm or so. chicken is very difficult for me unless it's after 6 pm.

One piece of advice I have for you, stay away from ice cream, that is liquid fat right there. You need to go get some boost and slim fast shakes and get in to see your lap band doc.