Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thought I'd start this thread....post your stats here!

On 7.16.07 I rec'd 0.8cc's in my band for a total of 6.8cc's

---Toni

Toni do you feel anthing??? I am so desparate for my fill, hope this one does it for you!!!

Oh GOSH, I wish I were you Toni!! haha!! I am going for my first fill today...however, I'll be surprised if he does it because I can't feel my port, and he told me it may need to be done under fluro, which means another appt at the hospital! :( I NEED a fill SO bad!!! Right now I kinda wish I just went with gastric bypass. :(

My second fill was today. I received 1cc, for a total of 4cc's. liquids for the rest of the day.

I will update on the restriction status, as last time it disappeared after about three days. :(

Hey guys!

Had my second fill yesterday!

1cc first fill

then 1 cc yesterday!

(I have the small band.....4cc I believe!?)

Anyway....can you tell me what restrictions they put you on after a fill? I'm supposed to do 5 days of liquids and then slowly progress to solids.....?!

My doc had me go to mushies for the day of the fill and the following day. I'm back on solids as of yesterday and it feels great to have meat again! I definitely stay full longer with the solid food.< /p>

I'm with you......I stay ravenous when I'm on liquids....but with food I do stay full longer......I doubt I'll stay on liquids for 2 days much less 7!

i Had My First Fill Today, 1.5 Cc's. I Was Told To Eat Soft Foods First, And Then Transition To Solids. I Do Not Feel Any Kind Of Restriction At All. I Am Able To Eat More Than Usual W/out Getting Full. This Is Fustrating. I Am Going To Call Doc Next Week. He Told Me I Could Go In For Another Fill Whenever I Feel I Need One. Any Advice On How Long I Should Wait?

I had my second fill five days ago, and I am experiencing what I didn't believe existed: I was okay...restricted, but okay...then two days ago, my band started locking down.

Today I've had 60 calories, and 50 of them were brocolli. I ate two bites of salmon before it got stuck, and STAYED stuck for a long time. Sorry to be gross, but I was never so glad to PB!

It's getting tighter and tighter. I hope it eases up soon...I really don't want to get an unfill. I'm going to go back on full liquids for a few days and see if that doesn't help.

At least I'm not hungry.

P.S. By the way, I have the small AP band (10cc). The first fill was 3cc's at 3 weeks post op and the second was 1cc at six weeks post op.

Wow Stef!! I hope you are able to eat better now!!

I get my 2nd fill on Aug 16th, I'm excited. I'veonly lost 23 pounds since pre-op! The first week after the first fill I was good - I had restriction - but now I don't. Boo.

Yes, it eased up last night, thank goodness! I was able to eat some chicken salad as long as it was very moist. Then I ate a plum, which I didn't have problems with fruit or vegetables when overtight. I felt so much better within 30 minutes of having that chicken salad. Tonight I am going to try that salmon again, so wish me luck! I'm still pretty darn tight, but at least I can eat now. And if I stay at this level, I would be just fine, I believe.

i Had My First Fill Today, 1.5 Cc's. I Was Told To Eat Soft Foods First, And Then Transition To Solids. I Do Not Feel Any Kind Of Restriction At All. I Am Able To Eat More Than Usual W/out Getting Full. This Is Fustrating. I Am Going To Call Doc Next Week. He Told Me I Could Go In For Another Fill Whenever I Feel I Need One. Any Advice On How Long I Should Wait?

Everyone is different. If you feel like you need one, then you probably do. Personally, I would wait at least one week before deciding on another fill, though. Restriction can occur several days after a fill...I KNOW! LOL Not fun. If you are not restricted after a week, I'd go get one, for sure.

SWEETY - Also, make sure you are eating your Protein first, then veggies, and limited carbs. (I'm sure you know this, but I hear of folks who eat sugar and carbs and wonder why they don't stay full!) I drink my protein in the mornings, but not every patient or every doctor is on the protein kick. My doc says do it if I can tolerate it, but doesn't push it. I just found one that doesn't make me hurl! :) LOL In fact it's good.

thanks For The Reply Stefanie. I Am Still Able To Eat Too Much. Yesterday I Chowed Down 2 Pcs. Of chicken, And Still Wasn't Full. I Am Of Course Following The Bandster Rules Of Protein First, And No Drinking W/meals Etc., Etc. I Only Eat Protein And fruit Most Of The Time Anyway, I Try To Stay Away From Most Other Carbs. I Go Back To Doc Tomorrow. They Wanted Me To Wait A Week As Well, But Doc Is Going On Vacation, And I Don't Wanna Have To Wait Two Weeks Before His Return, So I Have An Early Morning Appt. I Just Want To Feel Full, And I'm Just Not Getting That. Anyway, Thanks, And Wish Me Luck Tomorrow. Glad To Hear You Are Doing Well.

Back from my 2nd fill today. When I drank the Water after the fill it kind of sat in the back of my throat. I didn't feel like it was going to come back up, just that is was sitting there and then trickling down my throat. Doc asked if I wanted some out, but I said no, I would like to see if I can work with it. I forgot to ask how much he put in - he said all of my previous 4ccs were there. I had a Campbell's Soup at hand, Velvety potato, when I got home. It has gone down, but I am only able to drink 1/2 of it. I feel full, but still hungry, because it is my TOM! This is a very hard time for me - I am always ravenously hungry the first couple of days. Hopefully this fill will help that!