Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im drained!! Mentally stuck... I threw away my scale because I thought that would help me. Weighing myself daily was draining, but the not knowing was even worse! So after 10 days I went and brought me a new scale. So, then I was mad all over again because it(the numbers) hasnt moved in those 10 days. I was still at 156.8lbs.... I feel like now I should be smaller, should be closer to goal. Goal is 135lbs... Granted Im only 4months out... I know I need to start exercising.. But my Protein & Water intake is on point. I walk alot but no real cardio. Exercising has been my 1 hiccup. But I really need to get with the program in order to get this last 20some odd pounds off.... The holidays are coming soon and I wanna visit home (WDC) a whole new me or the old old me(before the weigh gain). I want to not be the fat daughter or friend anymore! But right now I just feel so stuck! Like its never gonna happen... I just wanna blink and be at goal.. I know I know it doesnt work like that, but a girl could dream. Hehehehe! Some days are just harder for me than others and I guess today is one of those days... Just glad Im able to vent to someone. So here's some background:

Im 5 feet tall!!

HW: 223lbs

SW: 203lbs

CW: 156.8lbs

GW: 135lbs

Surgery date: 6/22/15

@@ALLABTME_KISHA - venting, I get it :D

Keep on track, like you said, and try to get some cardio in your exercising. I don't exercise because my job is pretty physical. I am up and down all day (stairs, squatting, lifting, walking) so I am pretty exhausted when the day is done. On the weekends I have tried to maintain that level of physical activity and that helps me get that extra scale movement - everyday try to do 30 minutes of something that keeps your heart pumping!!!

You toss your scale cause your 156

I wish I was 156. I'm 5'4 I still got 30 lbs to go

See the problem is I set these mini goals for myself every 30days and when I don't make them I get extremely frustrated!! Sometimes I feel like if I was doing more, far as exercise I could meet my mini goals and my ultimate goal faster.... Im just rushing the process, so tired of being fat that now that its starting to come off... I just want it gone! And NOW!!

If you search around here, you are going to find that those last pounds especially when you are mid to low 100s are going to come off really slow. You lost the bulk of your weight faster than most people.

It would probably be better for you to accept the rest is going to come off slowly.

You said you aren't exercising. If you want to try and break that stall, get some serious exercise in, but that last 20lbs will probably take you as long as the other pounds.

If by mini goals you mean you are expecting to be a specific weight by a specific date - don't do that. ????. That's almost as bad as being a scale vulture. Multiple mini goals like that can lead to multiple mini meltdowns. As long as you're following the rules, your body will get you there - but in its own time.

Sounds like you're doing great though, and should be very happy with your progress so far!

You toss your scale cause your 156

I wish I was 156. I'm 5'4 I still got 30 lbs to go

See the problem is I set these mini goals for myself every 30days and when I don't make them I get extremely frustrated!! Sometimes I feel like if I was doing more, far as exercise I could meet my mini goals and my ultimate goal faster.... Im just rushing the process, so tired of being fat that now that its starting to come off... I just want it gone! And NOW!!

You need to set goals for things you can control, not the results.

You can control meeting your Protein goal daily.

You can control drinking enough fluids.

You can control getting yourself to the gym or taking a walk.

These are the types of things you can set goals for.

The results are out of our control.

Read something today that stuck in my mind.Why rush to get to goal weight when thats where youll be for a life time. If its a life change, then it doesn't happen over night, and shouldn't. So and steady is the correct pace as in life. Made me stop and appreciate where i am today.

Read something today that stuck in my mind.Why rush to get to goal weight when thats where youll be for a life time. If its a life change, then it doesn't happen over night, and shouldn't. So and steady is the correct pace as in life. Made me stop and appreciate where i am today.

This is so great and so true. I took me over a year to lose 85 pounds, and I feel I'm more prepared to tackle maintenance at this point because I had plenty of time to educate myself about diet, proper nutrition and excersise. I had time to prepare myself for the challenges of actually maintaining my weight once I got to goal. That's not including all the emotional aspects of it, because life doesn't turn into this magical kingdom where everything is perfect just because we are no longer obese. Just like losing weight, maintenance takes work...even more so...and sometimes I think we get into such a hurry to get there, we aren't prepared for the challenges of it.