Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all, My name is Tamiko. I am currently in the process of having the sleeve done. I'm a little scared. The whole process is scary. Does anyone else feel that way?

Hi Tamiko,

Welcome to the board! Having weight loss surgery is a life changing decision that will weigh heavily on your heart. Six months ago, I was in the same position and just as scared. However, getting sleeved has been nothing but a blessing.

As you discover this board, it's easy to be inspired as you read about all of the weight loss journeys. You may find that although our stories are unique, we all have/had similar unhealthy relationships with food and can likely relate.

Remember, you're not alone!

Of course I am a little scared. I think that if we weren't a little nervous we wouldn't be taking this seriously enough. After all, it is a lifelong commitment to a new you. But I'm worth it and so are you!

@@KokoB - yes :D

I wouldn't go back and do it any differently, except sooner!

The "process" can indeed be daunting. But the results are worth the inconveniences a million times over! Once you have the surgery the long road that got you there will feel like a distant dream. ????

Welcome! I can assure you that most of us felt scared, or at least a bit overwhelmed, at some point during the process. It's totally worth it in the end though.

You'll find this site to be a wealth of information and opinions. As a newbie, I actually loved reading the threads where debate was sparked, because it gave me a good list of questions to ask my surgical team where they stood on certain topics.

whole process is scary

@@KokoB

scared, nervous petrified!!!

anticipation, happiness, excitement

most/all of us did (or do) have similar feelings

hopefully the knowledge of being healthier, and happier PO

will encourage you pre-op

you might feel different day to day to day to........

my emotions went up and down like a see saw

lots of lab tests, etc in your future

plenty of hoops to jump through with insurance

all good things come to those who wait, right??

you are on your way to a healthier, happier, longer life :rolleyes:

who deserves it more??

good luck bud

kathy

Yes I am too. I started my process in August then stopped sending papers in but I have kept all of my appointments. I got scared 3 days before surgery back in 2012 and canceled my surgery for gastric bypass. I'm sad I did because then I would be in better shape now BUT I'm also glad I canceled because I know I want the sleeve 10000000% lol it is completely normal to be nervous. Let your surgeon know. My surgeon pointed me into directions for more research that I could do to make myself feel better. Just keep telling yourself that it's worth it, YOU ARE WORTH IT ????