Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HI Pals,

my name is vickie and i am 413 lbs, and has of right now I'm waiting on my approval from my insurance to get the gastric sleeve. I have so many mixed feels i don't know how to feel or what i should be feeling. when i first started this journey i was more excited then anything, my insurance company put me on a six month diet and in that time i have been in between weight ranging from 413lbs-425lbs i now back to 413 and at the last minute trying to lose 5-10 more before my surgery date. I'm getting closer and closer to the approval and getting really nervous and having all there crazy thoughts run through my head, it does help I'm in a new state with no family and only 4 friends in TEXAS i never thought i say this but i really miss and need my mommy. so I'm depending on you guys for support and guidance. questions? does anyone have blue cross blue shield for an insurance company? how will i rap my head around the per-op diet and pos-op diet? can any one give me some tips, what was you journey like what was some of the thing the help you and please please help me with the loss skin is there and way to slow it down and not have so much? HELP PALS.

Does your program require a pre-op diet. I was 414 when I applied and 412 DOS. I didn't have a pre-op diet of any kind. I have Keystone 65 (a BC/BS in Philadelphia). Post op wasn't hard because at first your aren't hungry and my program didn't keep us on any stage too long. It was challenging, but not hard.

Lose skin depends on genetics, age, race and exercise. So far I don't seem to have any but I think I may end up with some on my thighs. I work out 4 -6 days a week and wear compression yoga pants. I also keep my skin hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids and moisturizing well. I figure once I hit goal, I'll look at things and decide if I need plastic or not. In the meantime I am doing as much as I can to not need it, but there are no guarantees.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches