Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@ASUgrad Don't be afraid to ask questions. I've been on here a little while and this happens every so often. You won't always like what someone says. They may be having a crappy day or that may just be their personality. I've encountered some "odd" responses but chose to ignore them and not respond. Those same people will be with me on another post some time later and be wonderful. I don't think you were doing anything wrong by posting this question, responses and reactions to responses made it go down hill fast. You do as you please but it would benefit you if you just take responses with a grain of salt. Take what you need and leave the rest. Nothing for anyone to get all worked up about. Eye roll and move on!

I told you I didn't know and didn't care. Is that not a real response?

I got news for you. You can still eat around the smallest stomach in the world and gain weight. So it doesn't make one bit of difference what size Bougie is used. You still will have to do the work with your 26 or whatever the f**k size Bougie you're going to have.

See? I can get pissy, too.

Classy.

I've been following the sleeve threads for a few months now and noticed that YOU seem to have a problem with most people on this forum and only respond in a condescending tone, while ignoring the question asked.

Again, my question was asking what size bougie you have. If you don't care about what I'm asking, why did you respond? I don't get it. You comment on so many threads that I read with irrelevant eye-rolling responses or you're either attacking someone in each thread. Just like you're doing now. :)

Omg I am so glad you pointed this out! I noticed it's always the same people with the same attitude that feel as if they need to comment their useless opinion on things that apparently don't even concern them.

I don't get it?! ASUgrad posted a legit question, like most of us she has her concerns about her journey. And all of you, with the a*****e mentality, of forcing your journey on others with this condescending tone should just keep your words to yourself if you can't provide any type of real support.

I have noticed a lot of people leaving the forums and being too scared to even express themselves, out of fear of being bullied or judged on the question they might have. Honestly you all should be ashamed! This is a public forum and judgement free zone. Everyone's journey is their own and how dare you sit here and pretend your better than everyone else, simply by utilizing what works for you.

I used to seek comfort in these threads and support until I saw it's always the same assholes posting a ridiculous amount of their own personal journey, totally bullying others to the point that most threads seem to be having the same few people. Yes we know you did it, you had VSG and now you're the fuckin expert. Now please sit down and allow others to please share their fears without fear of retaliation.

I thought this was a super interesting question and am following this thread and am thankful you asked this question!

Huh. What I've noticed is that most veterans leave because they are spoken down to by "newbies" who don't appreciate the voice of experience, "newbies" who get upset if they don't get coddled and catered to.

Most vets don't NEED to be here but choose to be in order to pay it forward. I've lost my weight. I've not only maintained my weight loss for over a year and a half, but I've learned what I need to do for a lifetime. I could stay in the vet's forum for support, or I could offer words to people who are pre-op and newly post-op just as vets before me did for me.

I have no problem with the question, just as I have no problem with the replies until people start getting attacked because they didn't answer exactly "right".

Name calling is NEVER ok and it's bizarre to me that the person calling "bully" is also throwing out words like "a*****e" and "fuckin expert". (Classy, right?)

Yes. This discussion is important and it is relevant, I agree. I don't think it would be nearly as informative and educational, though, if everyone simply answered with a number. ;)

You would be one to answer to my response as you are one of those many "veterans" that have shamed "newbies" . And fyi some of the people you're referring to as "veterans" are not even a year out. I am 2 months post op, am I considered "veteran"? I do know that I will be on this site a very long time to answer questions that need actual support that might require me to have an open mind.

There's a wonderful feature on this message board called IGNORE.

If reading someone's posts gets your panties in a twist every time you see their posts, use the IGNORE function. You'll never have to see their posts again.

I think this feature would do a couple of you guys a lot of good.

;)

You would be one to answer to my response as you are one of those many "veterans" that have shamed "newbies" . And fyi some of the people you're referring to as "veterans" are not even a year out. I am 2 months post op, am I considered "veteran"? I do know that I will be on this site a very long time to answer questions that need actual support that might require me to have an open mind.

First, you have no idea who I am calling a veteran as I named no one.

Second, along with that open mind, I hope you lose the name calling thing you're doing. It really takes away from the validity of your response.

I'm just going to leave this here......because damn it, it's appropriate and FUNNY!!!

post-237766-0-75005000-1445125852_thumb.jpeg

I'm just going to leave this here......because damn it, it's appropriate and FUNNY!!!

Okay, I want the truth.....

I'm the big, mean poopy pants, aren't I?

Okay, I want the truth.....

I'm the big, mean poopy pants, aren't I?

Nope. You ain't big.

But I DO have poopy pants....

@@Babbs Pretty much! I'm not even sure If I'm allowed to play with you anymore. Ha!! She just doesn't know you! You're not bad you just had a bad week with people taking posts over and whatnots. If she had been on the "can we eat f'ing red robin or not" thread she would see how lovely and hilarious we are! If you need to fill out a form I'm sure we can all send them to Alex and he will put them in his suggestion box AKA trash can!

I predict that some flouncing is about to commence!

No @@VSGAnn2014 there should be NO flouncing!! I put "The" form out! The last guy who said he was going to flounce came back sucking up more than ever! I can't handle that! I'm not sure @@LipstickLady has any more cheek space left for kissing!

No @@VSGAnn2014 there should be NO flouncing!! I put "The" form out! The last guy who said he was going to flounce came back sucking up more than ever! I can't handle that! I'm not sure @@LipstickLady has any more check space left for kissing!

Bwhahahaha!

I don't recall being this pissy early on.

I just remember Lipstick Lady telling me I'd lose the most weight during the first six months so I should buckle down.