Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My fill went bust...

Hello all,

I am so frustrated. I drove to the fill doctor today which is about 2 hours from me. I had gotten a lot of great feed back about him from other Lopez patients but he had a hard time accessing my port. He must have stabbed 20 times at least and just couldn't get it. We could all feel it and all felt so close but alas, no such luck. The flouro office in his building wasn't open today so I am going to have to drive up in a couple of weeks to get a fill. I'm so bummed... :think I know I need a fill because I can definitely eat a lot more in the last few weeks and have only lost a pound in the last month so I was determined to get one today but no such luck. Okay, I'm done whining... Teresa

Bummer, How fustrating. I know you were looking forward to this, your first fill. Why do you have to wait couple of weeks?

They wanted me to come in tomorrow but I absolutely have to work tomorrow and my schedule is such that I have to really plan ahead. The best days for me were mondays and fridays but mondays the flouro office is closed and fridays is the doctors surgery day. thursday would have been the next best day but thats his day off... etc, etc. They are going to try to get me in the following wednesday (17th) but they need to check with the flouro office and see if its open that day. What a fiasco... My mom took the day off and went with me today but it was foggy the whole entire trip and just felt like a long day. Thanks for the support though, Teresa

Oh no Teresa I am so sorry. They had told me that they sometimes have patients that they have a real hard time finding the port. And the darn flori place not being opened. You must of been just totally bummed out. :) I feel so bad that you had to go through that. Hang in there!! I think I was ready for a couple of months. I had stopped loosing also. You will get there again.

Sooooooo Sorrrrrrrrrrrry

Kathy

Hey that's ok, there's no time limit on your success!! Next week you'll get a fill and be right back on the road to success!!!

Katie

Teresa - What a bummer! Hopefully they can get you in soon. I know it is frustrating, but keep that pretty smile of yours going, it will be here before you know it.

That Sucks Teresa.I'm sorry to hear this....I hope he can get it done with his fluoro..you will feel better with fluoro anyways this way you can see that everything with your band is OK, the port is in place etc..I love the fact I get my fills inder fluoro. It gives me peice of mind...Hang in there~

Yeah, it will be interesting to have it done with the flouro. For some reason he doesn't think it is good to have it done that way very often but it definitely is going to have to be the way I have it done the first time. I was so determined for a fill and not having to go back so soon, I asked them to try one more time in his office. Today I feel like a pin cushion. He said once he does it with the flouro he will document the placement and position in my charts so hopefully he doesn't have to every time.... I was just ready to get back on track. We all felt he was really really close but the darn needle just wouldn't go in. Oh-well, hopefully they can get me in next wednesday. Thanks folks, Teresa

I KNOW thats a disappointment - especially with all the effort you had to make in getting there.

But OMG - girl, you have lost 70 pounds!!!!!! Did you know thats how much my 9 year old weigh's? Youve lost a kid in weight!

Sorry about the fill, but I HAD to give you a big hug for the weight loss!!!!

Teresa, I'm so sorry! You're doing so fantastic! You will get your fill next week! Does he think your port is tilted? (((Hugs)))

That's rough, Theresa. :) I hope you get a fill real soon. I don't think I could let them poke me that much. I bet it didn't feel too good after a couple times! Their office doesn't sound too convenient for the fluro. I can't get that unless I have a big problem at my doc's.

Don't let the frustration get to you! It will happen soon.

Oh, Teresa, I am sorry your fill did not work out. It is stressful driving in fog and I am sure that made you be on edge anyway. BUT, darling, I am so proud of you for losing 70 pounds. That is absolutely marvelous. The silver lining in this bad experience. Your first fill still awaits you. If you can lose 70 pounds without a fill, I am so eager for you to also get a fill and see your success grow.

I hope next time (and hopefully soon) your drive will be a beautiful day and besides the fill, maybe you can do something extra special just for you to Celebrate your success. Keep your spirits up, you are doing marvelous girl!!!! Wow, I admire you. T

theresa... is there a doctor that can do the fill a little closer to where you live???? i thought what a pain when i had my fill done,, why do they have to do it with the fluro machine... however, my md said, we can custom size it when we see it. at first he inflated it fully, then watched it when it emptied.. he then new how much to fill.... 2cc the first time... if they didn't do it with the machine, i may have only gotten 1cc, then had to go back... best wishes

Hi all,

Thanks for the support. I am fine about it now. I just felt like such a failure on my first fill and all. They didn't use any numbing stuff but the needle really didn't hurt too much. I doubt there are very many nerves in the thick layer of fat I still have on my tummy... No, there isn't a closer place. Eugene is about the 2nd biggest city in the state but no fill doctors in the area. Compared to what some people have to travel for fills 2 hours really isn't horrible and at least he does have the flouro option in the same building. Its just in a different office on a lower floor. His prices are also one of the most reasonable in the state and he really does have a wonderful bedside manner. He was a very nice guy. I have never spent so much time with an actual doctor before, he really spent a lot of time with me and his nurse spent the entire 2 hours I was there with me. I was just bummed that evening. Teresa