Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a job that includes federal holidays? Or basically has some sort of time off already built in to the schedule? It takes about four nights to have surgery in Mexico and depending on your job you could head back to work fairly quickly. And like someone else said, there are finance options with some of the brokers that offer all-in-one deals to Mexico.

Just something to think about.

I.

I work retail at costco. I have vacation time.However I don't have enough to recover enough to do my job that includes lifting 50lb boxes. Dr said 8_12 weeks.

Hence the need for careful planning and making sure I get maximum shot term disability pay,and an approved FMLA. Insurance is not the problem.

Do you have comorbidities such as HBP, type-2 diabetes, sleep apnea, etc?

If so, then you may qualify with a lower BMI. Get your surgeon and PCP to challenge this for you.

Good luck.

I don't have any comorbididities. Which is good...And bad... That would help me qualify with a lower BMI..But it will not change my window of opportunity for Dec 2016.

I don't know about your program but my BMI was when I first started the program it wasn't what I was at when it came to surgery time. I would double check with the program to see if it still counts as the 41 BMI or the BMI when you submit everything to your insurance.

Also - Forgot to add - I went through the process for a year. I know another year seems like a long time to wait but honestly it is going to pass by no matter what. Why not have it pass by with a surgery date in mind instead of not having one. You can do this, we are here for your support.

@@Michelle Tarver - I feel for you. A 'Hail Mary' might be talking to your boss. Explain the insurance problem, how that you need light duty for a month for the sleeve to heal, but you like your job but want to go to Mexico and get it done. See what they are willing to do. costco has a decent reputation for being employee friendly. It never hurts to be honest and ask. All they can say is "no" which is where you are now.

And remember, some of our people have gone to extreme measures to get this done. There is a funny story how this lady was two pounds two heavy after her pre-op diet and she insisted of getting weighed again and she took off everything to make weight. That's the guts and determination required to make it sometimes.