Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been cleared for the following items which were under the heading in my handout, "with surgeon's approval" --

- proetein liquid supplements (1000 calores per day)

- skim, 1% or soy milk mixed with whey or soy Protein powders (limited to 20 gm protein/serving)

- fat free cream Soups

- fat free, plain yogurts or plain, non-fat Greek yogurt

I have a good relationship with my dietician and she seems to advocate common sense over strict rules. Like, 3 days before surgery nothing but Clear liquids. But before, no need to torture oneself. She also said non-starchy greens were okay up to a week before surgery as long as they were chewed well. She doesn't like the idea of Jello unless you let it practically melt before swallowing.

With this in mind, can someone recommend specific products? Grocery stores and shopping are alien to me and all I have is me. ;( Like, any particular brands of Soup? Yogurt? Not a big fan of plain yogurt, but I guess when you're starving, it serves its purpose.

She also recommended throwing some scrambled egg whites in broth and mixing well.

And Vitamins. The woman at Unjury was very nice. She threw in samples of chewable multi-vitamins, calcium citrate plus and B-12. How long does one have to take chewables? What is recommended other than a Multi-Vitamin? What is recommended when chewables are no longer needed, or does that day ever come?

Sorry if a lot of this info is readily available and I know I've seen most of this discussed somewhere or other, but frankly I don't remember where or all the info - I was on brain overload.

Many thanks for thoughts and recommendations. Time is short, diet starts 10/22.

Sounds like you have some samples coming from Unjury. Why not go to GNC or Vitamin Shoppe and buy 1 of a few brands of liquid Proteins and try them to see what your taste buds like?

Fat Free Soups - I like Progresso and Amy's brand, again it depends on your taste buds. I like FAGE0% greek yogurt, however it's thick and not sweet at all. I like that slightly sour taste, but not everyone does. You can buy a single serving container and try it. One thing I found useful was to mix a big of the FAGE with the milk based proteins (powdered or RTD). The sourness of the yogurt balanced out the overly sweet taste of the Protein Shake and I got that extra Protein boost.

You need a multi, a Calcium, a b-12 and Iron.

I had no issues swallowing pills, so I could probably use regular Vitamins. The Vitamins I take are included with my b-12 supplement so I just use those which happen to be chewable.< /p>

Does your doctor recommend vitamins? Have you been to your pre-op meeting? At my pre-op meeting they gave us handouts on what to take and how to eat and a lot of other things.