Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello To All,

I just found this chat room today and I am even more ecited now!!! I am scheduled for my lap band surgery on August 13 in Nashville. I am a mother of twins a girl and a boy and a wife for 22 years. I am very excited about my surgery and cannot wait to look good and feel great again:clap2:. However, I so very scared. I had a near death experience giving birth and am so afraid of surgery and everything that goes with it. I know it is the best thing I will ever do for MYSELF. I believe my biggest fears are the pre-op diet, coming home and not knowing how I will feel (the unexpected), and when I can eat WHAT should I eat:help:.

I would like some advice because we leave for vacation and when I come back I start my 2 week pre-op diet. My intensions are to go and have a great time and try to enjoy my very plump:( self :) for the last time on the beach. Because next year look out here I come:D....Is this a mistake? Do I need to handle it differently:p?

Thanks to everyone for being so understanding and honest.:)

:help: What did I do wrong? I put my introduction in last night. It is like no other...it has an envelope with an arrow pointing down. Can I change it and make it to where others can give me feed back. Thanks in advance.

I don't know what that means about the envelope. No I don't think you are handling it wrong . I would enjoy myself. I think it is called the last supper syndrome or something like that, we want to eat everything bad for us before we have to start the liquid diet and all. If you don't have a certain amount the doctor said lose that may be hard to do, I would say have a good time. I wouldn't go overboard with banana split everynight or anything but eating regular food rather than a strict diet is what I would do. Have fun and welcome to Lap Band Talk.

I just saw you were from Nashville, hi neighbor I am from Columbia, I had surgery at Baptist, Dr. Morton did mine, who is doing yours?

Dr. Spaw at Baptist. HI NEIGHBOR:) How aer you doing since your surery. I am so worried about the diets before and after. I will take any advice you can give.

I am doing real well, weight loss has slowed down for me right now but I have lost 84 pounds in all , that is pre op diet too though. The diets are rough I won't lie about that, but you have to look at the big picture why they are doing it and realize that it is necessary, and you wouldnt want to compromise everything you have worked hard for to get this far. The biggest thing for me was learning how to not drink with meals and taking small bites and chew the fire out of everything, if not the feeling of being stuck really sux. Stock up on broth and Jello for after surgery, they will become your friend,lol. But by the end of your liquids you will never want to see broth again. Holler at me if you have any questions or just to say hello anytime.

I'm on liquid day number 10 as of midnight and it's not so bad. The first 3 days my body and my mind did not agree with each other but in the end the "for the procedure" aspect of the reason for the liquid fast makes sense to me. Notice how I call it a procedure. I read Dr. Ortiz's book and it explained alot to me. I am so very nervous tonight. I've tried not to think much of it but tonight it has managed to control me. So I came to this site to work on finding a calm place again. I am excited as well and know that this is the tool I need not to lose the weight but to keep it off...!

I am being banded first week in August. I am glad that I am not the only one who is worried about the pre op and post op diet. I am more afraid of being a failure at that than I am scared of the surgery. What if I can't do this 2 week liquid diet? And what will happen to the way I look at food after the band? Will I ever be truly able to enjoy food again? What can I say....I truly love food. But for health reasons, I know I have to do this for myself and my family.

Anyone who has any words of wisdom, it would be appreciated.

The Protein Shakes are the key for me. I can tell if I forgot to drink one in the morning because my headache tells me. They seem to do the job for me Protein and all. I still eat sugar free pudding and whipped cream as my treat. The organic Soups are awesome: Tomato, butternut squash, cabbage, french onion. I'm on day 10 of my pre-op liquid and am excited about eating my first meal in 4 more wks. I'ts unbelievable how little my body needs and how much I've given it. I feel like it's thanking me for giving it a break.