Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Greetings! I am new to this site and find it really helpful. I have been overweight pretty much my whole adult life. I currently weigh 340 pounds. I have tried several diets over the years lost weight and then I would gain it back. I have 5 kids and a husband and I feel like I can barely keep up with them. It's not fair to me or them. I put everything and everyone before myself. I decided I was ready for change. I started this process back in June of 2014 I was going thru a Bariatric program at The Ohio State Wexner Center in Columbus Ohio. I finished the program. Psych Eval, 6 month supervised diet, etc. I made it to the end submitted the paperwork only to be told that the insurance company (united health care) was no longer accepted there

United Health Care only allows you to see a select few dr's I was so heartbroken to come all that way and to be turned down. I kept pushing and finally in April was told that Mount Carmel West in Columbus had a Dr. I could go to. So fast forward today. My surgery date is November 4! I am nervous and excited.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Welcome! I know how heartbreaking it must have been to get all the way through your program, only to have the surgery blocked at the end. I'm so happy you're back on track now and even have a surgery date! Congrats.

Yes, it is time that you put yourself and your health first for once. But in the end the results will be a benefit to both you and your family. You'll find an abundance of support and advice here in the meantime. So make yourself at home.

Best of luck!

wow good luck hon i also have uhc and made sure the place i chose was accepted are you on the liquid diet yet

Welcome and congratulations on persevering.

My surgery was delayed due to some financing issues which was aggravating, but ultimately, it was for the best because I was super prepared and ready to get it over with by the time my date arrived.

November will be here before you know it.

Best of luck with your surgery and keep us posted.

Hi Erica,

I am scheduled with Dr. Miller on 11/18. I also have united healthcare but was told in the summer OSU was no longer covered by them. I'm sorry for your hassle, as I almost had the same thing happen. I wish you the best and just want my date to be here asap! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches