Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why do we have to diet?

Another important thing to know about Protein is that we can't digest more than about 25 - 30 grams at a time. So, I try to eat small, frequent meals of no more than 20-25 grams of Protein at a time.

The most I get is if I drink a Premier Protein shake which had 30 grams.

Early out I got my protein from shakes, Protein drinks, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc.

I understand now the importance of Protein and i feel really ashamed that I didn't care much about it for the past three weeks.

My surgeon did give me a small 2 pages pamphlet about the stages but I didn't even follow that because it said that I'm supposed to do three weeks of full liquids and three weeks of pureed then four weeks of soft food. And i only did 10 days of liquids then i started playing around and trying pureed eggs and chicken, then someone offered me a chocolate and after i had it and found my weight is still dropping i start just grabbing whatever in front of my eyes.

I thought as long as I'm in this early stage calories and carbs shouldn't really matter but i was planning to catch up and behave in 2 months or three.

Unfortunately, i do have a nutritionist and i met her once 2 weeks post op. She wasn't a big help, she just told me the appropriate consistency of pureed food and told me to drink a Protein shake but she didn't give me a target number and she didn't explain to me the importance of following the program. I usually don't follow instructions if I'm not convinced.

How do you guys calculate the protein target? Isn't 100 grams are too much and difficult to achieve? Do they mostly come from protein shakes?

The protein calculation of 100g is a rule of thumb. Seems to be the minimum, below that for long and I notice hair loss.

I use myfitnesspal.com to track calories, carbs and protein. Its free and easy to use. I also use it to track workouts. It is possible to get in the 100g if you work at it. I use the shakes on heavy workout days and following a long run. I also used Isopure clear liquid (try it at GNC) which is great to me, 40g per bottle.

And nothing to be ashamed of. If the nutritionist was a twit, try another. I pay mine $100 every two-three months to go over my food diary/exercise diary, look over the blood work and make recommendations. Yep, she's out of network, but the best I could find in OKC.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches