Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The STRICT ones in first year......

Keto is a little different than just low carb high Protein because you are keeping a balanced ratio of fats, carbs and Protein. The balance works better than a low fat or a low carb diet.

I respond best to this type of diet, also. If I was a little more disciplined, I would follow it even more strictly.

My body also responds very well and so does my brain, I am far more alert as a ketoer. You have to play to keep your macros in line. I usually sit in my food logging app and add up different things before I eat them to make sure my macros are right. My weight loss has really increased since I started keto again, before it was dragging along barely moving. Low carb and low fat is hard if not impossible to do.

I've done very well on a "keto" diet as well. I don't push myself into ketosis as I did my first year post op, but I don't need to. I am maintaining easily and eat whatever I want, whenever I want.

I eat high Protein, high fat, no carbs 90% of the time. I do have an cookie or handful of M&Ms a few times a week, but I can because I am so active and occasional junk food does not "trigger" me. I don't worry about calories at all but my restriction is VERY good at 2.5 years post op and my portions are rarely larger than 1/3 cup.

My typical day includes food like hot dogs (the good kind), sliced lunch meat, cheese, nuts, bacon, cheese, shrimp, seafood salad, cheese, chicken salad, deviled eggs, cheese, olives, Beans, edamame, hummus, avocado, pepperoni/salami slices rolled around cheese...

High flavor, high spice, high fat. Low carbs. YUM.

(Did I mention cheese?)

I've done very well on a "keto" diet as well. I don't push myself into ketosis as I did my first year post op, but I don't need to. I am maintaining easily and eat whatever I want, whenever I want.

I eat high Protein, high fat, no carbs 90% of the time. I do have an cookie or handful of M&Ms a few times a week, but I can because I am so active and occasional junk food does not "trigger" me at all. I don't worry about calories at all but my restriction is VERY good at 2.5 years post op and my portions are rarely larger than 1/3 cup.

My typical day includes food like hot dogs (the good kind), sliced lunch meat, cheese, nuts, bacon, cheese, shrimp, seafood salad, cheese, chicken salad, deviled eggs, cheese, olives, Beans, edamame, hummus, avocado, pepperoni/salami slices rolled around cheese...

High flavor, high spice, high fat. Low carbs. YUM.

(Did I mention cheese?)

Keep up the great work.

I don't know if I should be turned on from your avatar or have an urge to watch "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" (no offense intended, if you ever saw the beginning of the movie, you would get the reference). :)

Thanks everyone for these recipes and resources! There are some pretty neat food swaps around! These are some of my favorites – maybe not too original, but they’re still good.

-Portabello pizzas. Use the mushroom as the crust instead of a regular crust. You can go wild on the low-carb toppings, too, from cheese and veggies to chicken, anchovies, and olives.< /p>

-Spaghetti squash. Definitely not an original, but I find this endlessly fascinating as a substitute for spaghetti. Maybe I like the idea of it because it’s so easy and natural.

-“pasta” or “potato” salad made with hard-boiled eggs, cooked cauliflower (instead of pasta/potatoes), and Greek yogurt.

To Lexuskela: Good for you for being really strict and sticking to your meal plan! I agree with some of the others, though, who have mentioned that not all carbs are bad. Maybe when you get more comfortable with your diet you might think about some of the healthy starches, like oatmeal and other whole grains, and sweet potatoes.

Thanks everyone for these recipes and resources! There are some pretty neat food swaps around! These are some of my favorites – maybe not too original, but they’re still good.

-Portabello pizzas. Use the mushroom as the crust instead of a regular crust. You can go wild on the low-carb toppings, too, from cheese and veggies to chicken, anchovies, and olives.< /p>

-Spaghetti squash. Definitely not an original, but I find this endlessly fascinating as a substitute for spaghetti. Maybe I like the idea of it because it’s so easy and natural.

-“pasta” or “potato” salad made with hard-boiled eggs, cooked cauliflower (instead of pasta/potatoes), and Greek yogurt.

To Lexuskela: Good for you for being really strict and sticking to your meal plan! I agree with some of the others, though, who have mentioned that not all carbs are bad. Maybe when you get more comfortable with your diet you might think about some of the healthy starches, like oatmeal and other whole grains, and sweet potatoes.

Thank you for the kudos! I do love oatmeal and sweet potatoes! I will incorporate them soon, I have started working out heavier now. I joined the gym recently and on top of cardio I am doing weights and classes also. I did a Les Miss class Saturday, Body Combat, burned 600 cals. I just like you said, need to be more comfortable with it.

@@jenn1

I see a recipe by Karen I want to try, but worried as it has in it, butter & reduced fat cream cheese. I commented on the blog but didn't hear back yet.... Just want to see what you think? I always thought cream cheese was a fattening NO NO if you want to lose weight .... Sorry just want to be sure & I am learning as I go.

@@Lexuskela

I use fat free cream cheese. Just my preference. You can also break down the recipes into bariatric portions (I use myfitness pal) it may help to see if it fits your program.

Karen is a nurse and dietitian with my surgeons office. In her cooking class she keeps us up to date on health trends.Trends change all the time. Whats good for us now may not be good in a few months.( Thanks to her I know more about cooking with coconut oil than anyone should..lol )

Each of our dietitians give different instructions on healthy eating. I like her approach on eating healthy. It should nourish your body and still be flavorful. With her recipes my weight dropped, I don't feel deprived and found that I enjoy cooking.

Not sure if this helped. Just my take on her cooking.

Yes thank yout so much. I think food in general just scares me. I look at it as the enemy, not the way to being healthy. I need to change that & learn that it can be healthy. I ask so many questions because I want to learn so I can understand the healthy side of food and become "friends" with food and not view it as the enemy. If that makes sense.

@@Lexuskela

Absolutely makes sense.It is surprising how differently I look at food now.

Yes thank yout so much. I think food in general just scares me. I look at it as the enemy, not the way to being healthy. I need to change that & learn that it can be healthy. I ask so many questions because I want to learn so I can understand the healthy side of food and become "friends" with food and not view it as the enemy. If that makes sense.

I can't express how much I have learned by planning and tracking my food / drink using My Fitness Pal during the last 17 months (including 3 months pre-op).

By using MFP almost daily I have learned about the calories, fat, carbs, Protein, Fiber, sodium and other nutritional components of everything I've eaten and drunk.

It's given me a real education and a sense of tremendous power and control. I recommend it highly to you, @@Lexuskela .

I can't express how much I have learned by planning and tracking my food / drink using My Fitness Pal during the last 17 months (including 3 months pre-op).

By using MFP almost daily I have learned about the calories, fat, carbs, Protein, fiber, sodium and other nutritional components of everything I've eaten and drunk.

It's given me a real education and a sense of tremendous power and control. I recommend it highly to you, @@Lexuskela .

I use it to track my intake. So my food diary. That's it. I guess I should look at other areas too. I didn't think it could help me in other areas. I will start checking out other areas of the app also than just my diary. Thank you ????