Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Travel After Sleeve

Hey Sleevers,

I am having my surgery on Monday, Oct. 12. I have to be on a flight to DC on Tuesday, Oct. 27. What are your thoughts on flying 2 weeks post op?

I had no issues. Pack your shaker and Protein powders. Buy a Water after u get through security

You should be okay, I had surgery on Sept. 21st in TX and flew back home to NY Sept. 26th. The 3hr flight really hurt my bum because I sat a certain way so it wouldn't hurt so much but that's about it. I'd recommend bringing a pillow for your bum and if you can bring your ice pack with you definitely do that! It'll help with the pain. TSA asked me about it but I just kindly told them I had surgery recently and before they could say anymore, I pulled up my shirt a bit to show my incisions and they let it pass on the flight as a medical necessity hehe. Try bringing your ice pack as frozen as you can, frozen as a rock if possible! I'd also maybe try and bring a pillow to push against your tummy so it doesn't hurt so much, it definitely helps! My flight said they didn't sell pillows, I wasn't aware they didn't offer pillows anymore so I was in a bit of pain lol as for the Protein Shakes, I packed it all up in my checked bag. All I had was Water on the flight and watched a movie to keep entertained and distracted. Good luck!!

The thing to watch out for with flight so quickly after surgery is blood clots. Make sure you talk to your doctor he may want you to wear compression socks.

I totally did it -- traveled 3 weeks after surgery, across country. In my carryon, I packed an empty shaker bottle and packets of Syntrax nectar to mix in to Water I got from the flight attendant. :-) I took an anti-nausea pill about 45 minutes before boarding, to make me a little sleepy and ensure I wouldn't get queasy. You need to make sure your doctor is okay with it, but I was pretty firm about it, I was going for the Jewish high holy days, and it wasn't optional. :-)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches