Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intake--too much or too little?

I had the sleeve on 8-19-15.

I have over 200# to lose!!!!

I lost 25# on my pre op liquid diet but have lost 28 in the 7 weeks since surgery. I'm not always perfect but I wonder if I'm getting enough in or is it too much?

I typically eat all Protein 3x/day & don't eat between, per my NUT (Tuna, chicken, salmon & sometimes a 1/2 premiere protein shake). I eat about 2oz/meal.

I experienced that dreaded 3 week stall it seems, lost 5 pounds after & "gained" 2 back. I have not lost constantly since week 2.

I try to get Water in although it makes me feel nauseated. I do well if I get 32oz in.

Am I impatient? Not eating enough? Expecting miracles? Doomed?

Any advice is appreciated.

You are probably impatient and expecting miracles like most people.

Just keep doing what you are doing and it will come off.

Are you exercise? Are you logging your food? What are your daily carbs/protein? Are you meeting your Protein goals? Are you regular?

I am getting good Protein in. I write down my foods & as mentioned it's 2oz of Protein 3x/day.

I'm not able to drink all the suggested Water because of feeling very nauseous.

I understand not constantly losing, before surgery I thought I would. I feel like I'm losing precious time where I should be losing weight.

I'm disappointed that my NUT & PA aren't accessible.

I'm feeling like I made this huge change and sacrificed so many things from many parts of my life for very little change.

You are only eat 2 oz of Protein 3x per day? That's it? If that is correct, I'd say you are most definitely not eating enough.

Remember, you made a huge change and sacrifice for a lifetime change. It's been 7 weeks. Be patient.

I had the sleeve on 8-19-15.

I have over 200# to lose!!!!

I lost 25# on my pre op liquid diet but have lost 28 in the 7 weeks since surgery. I'm not always perfect but I wonder if I'm getting enough in or is it too much?

I typically eat all Protein 3x/day & don't eat between, per my NUT (Tuna, chicken, salmon & sometimes a 1/2 premiere Protein shake). I eat about 2oz/meal.

I experienced that dreaded 3 week stall it seems, lost 5 pounds after & "gained" 2 back. I have not lost constantly since week 2.

I try to get Water in although it makes me feel nauseated. I do well if I get 32oz in.

Am I impatient? Not eating enough? Expecting miracles? Doomed?

Any advice is appreciated.

Are you hitting your protein goal? At 2 ounces of protein a day I can't imagine you are getting in at least 60 gms. If you stats are correct you started out at close to the same weight as I was.

Have you done anything to make it easier to drink Water? Many people use flavorings to make it easier. Some drink herbal tea with no sugar added. Getting your fluids in is important.

Are you exercising at all or walking regularly. I found for me exercise was important to help rev up my metabolism. I have a medical condition and take medicine that slows the metabolism so exercise is an important component of my post-op life.

Does you NUT not allow Snacks at all. I found an afternoon snack was a big help. Especially in terms of getting in all my protein.

Perhaps try a day like this:

Wake up: 4 ounces of water

Breakfast : Premier Protein shake

Lunch: 2 oz of protein of choice. 1 or 2 bites of dark green veg like spinach. Early on you probably won't be able to eat more than a tbsp.

Snack: 4ounces of yogurt or 1 serving of string cheese.

Dinner: similar to lunch.

In between drink water. You can even try the Isopure no carb drinks. Each bottle is 40 gms of protein. If you split that into 3 or 4 servings and add to your water, it may flavor your water and help you meet your protein goals at the same time. In between meals make a concerted effort to get in at least 40 ounce of water. Combined with the Premier Protein you will meet the 64 ounces Fluid goal easily.

Walk 30 minute a day. Or do some sort of gym activity 3 -4 times a week.

I agree with BLERDgirl, you need to make sure you are getting at least 60 grams of Protein, 64 ounces of Water and 30 minutes of exercise EVERY day. No excuses.

Not meeting Protein and fluid goals can hinder your weight loss. The first year is the honeymoon period where weight loss is the easiest. You want to take advantage of that. I am not a fast loser, but I have steadily lost weight by working at it every day.

Thank you very much for the great advice. Yes, my NUT suggests no snacking which contridicts the Protein intake suggestion. I've emailed about that but have not heard back.

I do write everything down & I have 30 minutes of activity everyday. It's not all at once because I'm just not able to get to there yet but I'm working up to it.

I like your sample day & may try that.

I do had things/try different things to get my Water in. That's where I'm failing but I'll try to push through!